Ipads, photos and Cruise Critic ?'s

Susie51

[quote name='TiogaCruiser']So a few more questions before I decide to download the iOS version:

Do images HAVE to be hosted via their server ( or can it go directly from my phone to CC via the TaT app?

Does the metadata (read location) get included in images?

Thanks!
~TC[/QUOTE]
No the photos don't have to be hosted. That is why I was thrilled that this thread was started so that I could finally take photos from my iPad and put them on Cruise Critic. The larger photos are so much better than using CC's imported version. It just takes some experimenting to figure it out. I tried to find a video, but since Android and iOS versions differ, it probably wouldn't have helped.

[quote name='TiogaCruiser']So a few more questions before I decide to download the iOS version:

Do images HAVE to be hosted via their server ( or can it go directly from my phone to CC via the TaT app?

Does the metadata (read location) get included in images?

Thanks!
~TC[/QUOTE]

It appears to strip out the EXIF data before uploading, if that's what you mean. You can turn off location recording in your phone preferences if you want.

You can use the native CC photo upload if you want. The CC images are much lower resolution, but if you prefer them, it's certainly an option.

[quote name='cruz chic']I just kept pushing buttons until something worked. I find instructions are never what I end up seeing:D[/QUOTE]

That's the best way. It's known as LBFA in technical circles. (Learning By... Um... Frittering Around.) It's a close cousin of RTFM. (Please read the manual attached your earliest convenience.)

This has become an ideal CC thread. Quite random as you stated earlier POA. But an opportunity for everyone to learn what will not only enhance their cruising experience but the cruising experience of many others

[quote name='shrimpboat123']Here goes.

[IMG]http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/01/3yqezy3u.jpg[/IMG]

Mount McKinley from the air.[/QUOTE]

Very nice! I can never get good airplane window shots.

[quote name='POA1']That's the best way. It's known as LBFA in technical circles. (Learning By... Um... Frittering Around.) It's a close cousin of RTFM. (Please read the manual attached your earliest convenience.)[/QUOTE]

Gee I thought it might be another f word:D;). Sorta like at work when I have a dfu problem.

• 2 weeks later...
The 4.6.4 Android version of Tapatalk just hit Google Play. It fixes some issues. They also changed the user interface (UI) and some of the helpful hints in this post are now not 100% correct.