Ultimate Beverage Package

chriss87

Hi All,

We are considering 'splashing out' on the Ultimate Beverage Package on our upcoming NCL Getaway Cruise.

Does anyone know the current cost of a Corona Beer or a cocktail onboard?

I have searched but only found some very dated information which I assume no longer applies.

Trying to work out whether we are better served paying for drinks on an individual basis or pre-booking the UBP?

Thanks

Chris

Hi All,

We are considering 'splashing out' on the Ultimate Beverage Package on our upcoming NCL Getaway Cruise.

Does anyone know the current cost of a Corona Beer or a cocktail onboard?

I have searched but only found some very dated information which I assume no longer applies.

Trying to work out whether we are better served paying for drinks on an individual basis or pre-booking the UBP?

Thanks

Chris

A rum and coke was $5.75, a beer was $5.25-ish, glass of wine $7, DoD $6.95, fruity drinks $7.95-$8.95. All plus 15% of course. On our best day our bar bill was $100 for the two of us, our total bar bill was $550 for 7 days (which included $88 for a 4 bottle wine package).

Edited by sparks1093

...I have searched but only found some very dated information which I assume no longer applies...

Chris

Search for this is often difficult, but you can scroll down the page over the past few days. A few long threads and even a spreadsheet has been shared.

Just got off of the Gem, and our bar bill was over $1200, so we were happy we bought the beverage package. Once the staff see's that you have the sticker on your card, they will make you the drinks within the package.

It was nice not worrying about how much the bar bill would be, and we tried many different drinks, which we wouldn't have if we were paying for them.

Yes glasses of wine up to $10 were included, as my wife enjoyed a few glasses with dinner every night. I drank bottled beer, Miller light, and Bud light lime when it was beer time. Not sure about the beers on tap though.

I drink Vodka and tonic quite a bit, and Grey Goose, Absolute, and Kettle One were all included in the package.

The bartenders make the drinks really strong, but they are kind of small. When you are sitting around the pool, and it is hot, you can go through quite a few drinks, which without the package would add up quickly.

If you are mainly a beer drinker, it might not be worth it. The beers are 16oz aluminum bottles, and the buckets come with buy 5 get one free.

Yes glasses of wine up to $10 were included, as my wife enjoyed a few glasses with dinner every night. I drank bottled beer, Miller light, and Bud light lime when it was beer time. Not sure about the beers on tap though.

I drink Vodka and tonic quite a bit, and Grey Goose, Absolute, and Kettle One were all included in the package.

The bartenders make the drinks really strong, but they are kind of small. When you are sitting around the pool, and it is hot, you can go through quite a few drinks, which without the package would add up quickly.

If you are mainly a beer drinker, it might not be worth it. The beers are 16oz aluminum bottles, and the buckets come with buy 5 get one free.

Thanks rapidturtle we plan to buy several bottles of wine through the vivo vino program which we both drink primarily at night. On CCL cruises it was good to switch off to a draft beer which came in a larger glass than the bottled beers, cheers!