can you join the Captains Club before?

BuckeyeMark

This may be a dumb question but can you join the CC before your cruise goes? I've never been on Celebrity before but I looked at it on Celebrity's website and it didn't look like you had to cruise to get in. Is that possible?

And do you get perks immediately?

A few words on how the CC works from someone with experience would be appreciated.

This may be a dumb question but can you join the CC before your cruise goes? I've never been on Celebrity before but I looked at it on Celebrity's website and it didn't look like you had to cruise to get in. Is that possible?

And do you get perks immediately?

A few words on how the CC works from someone with experience would be appreciated.

Quoted from the Captain's Club web page:

"Haven't sailed with us yet? You can still enroll.

As a Preview Member, you'll receive our Captain's Club Newsletter to get an insider's look at everything new with Celebrity. You'll also have access to the private Captain’s Club area of our website where you’ll learn about our program.

Then, once you've enjoyed a Celebrity vacation, you'll be upgraded to a Classic member and be eligible for exclusive member offers, onboard benefits, and special events."

I think you can join straight away, but you don't get the perks until you are a Classic member. Definitely sign up though, on my 2nd cruise I had a cabin upgrade worth £100, a few vouchers - some of which I used, and as I was on the reunion cruise got a free backpack - not much but it does make you feel that little bit more special, which is what you want on your holidays :)