Summit 2015

hues of blue

We booked the Summit for February 2015 during the last pick your perk promotion and received a very nice rate ( same as we paid this last Feb for the same week, same ship). We booked on April 26. Now some friends would like to join us so I checked prices today now that the 1.2.3 promotion is back. Current prices are 500.00 more pp!! How is the world can it have gone up that much in just one months time??

Sherri

Edited by hues of blue

We have cruised the Summit for the past 2 Februaries. I have tracked the prices and with very few exceptions (inside cabins) the price always goes up on this cruise. This is a vey popular cruise since it is port intensive and goes to ports in the Southern Caribbean for only 7 nights. All other cruises for the Southern Caribbean are much longer and most people who work want a 1week cruise. At least the 123 promo is back on Monday. We booked last Dec but changed to a lower cabin class because the price on our usual cabin class had gone up year over year.

Booked a year ago for Jan. 2015 on Summit and our cabin category has doubled in price since then. I checked recently and most of the cabin categories are sold out, so all about supply and demand and very happy we booked when we did!

I am very thankful that we booked when we did and I guess our friends will just have to join us the next year instead. I am just surprised that this sailing ( third week of Feb 2015) took such a huge jump in price in a very short time. We really loved this cruise this last Feb and didn't think twice about booking it again.

Sherri