Anchorage hotel

cruisinlawn

looking for something one night pre-cruise, doesn't have to be 6 star but also not the other extreme..Courtyard, Hampton, etc. Would like something with shuttle so that we may use upon arrival to get to hotel and then also from hotel to train depot. Suggestion?? TIA.

We stayed at the Embassy Suites. If you are taking the train to Seward, you won't be able to take advantage of the breakfast though - train leaves too early. We did enjoy the Managers Reception in the evening though. The hotel is expensive, so if you have Hilton Honors points you can use then do it. That's what we did.

The hotel does have a shuttle that they share with the Hilton Garden Inn and I believe Hampton, so getting to the train station isn't a huge deal. There is nothing to do around the hotel itself, but you can take the shuttle into town for restaurants and walking around.

We are staying at the Comfort Inn on Ship Creek in Anchorage.

They have a free breakfast starting at 5:00am, and a shuttle that runs over to the train station at 5:30am and 5:45am (if I remember correctly) for the 6:45am train to Seward. My travel agent tells me that the train peeps take care of getting luggage to the ship too. I don't know if there's any charge for that.

Certainly not 5 star, but it's only for a couple of nights sleep, and getting to the train seems simple enough. As long as it's quiet and safe, I'm satisfied. They also have complimentary transportation from ANC and free wi-fi.

I agree. The comfort Inn on Ships Creek would be a good choice for a night or two....I believe there are now a couple of hotels in that area....It is next to the ULU factory and close to the Bridges restaurant....a great seafood place with a good atmosphere....

We are staying at the Comfort Inn on Ship Creek in Anchorage.

They have a free breakfast starting at 5:00am, and a shuttle that runs over to the train station at 5:30am and 5:45am (if I remember correctly) for the 6:45am train to Seward. My travel agent tells me that the train peeps take care of getting luggage to the ship too. I don't know if there's any charge for that.

Certainly not 5 star, but it's only for a couple of nights sleep, and getting to the train seems simple enough. As long as it's quiet and safe, I'm satisfied. They also have complimentary transportation from ANC and free wi-fi.

You are actually giving your luggage to Royal Caribbean representatives at the train station - they loaded them into a truck and took them to the ship - we never saw them again until we got them at our stateroom. Make sure you have your RC luggage tags ON the luggage as you go to the train. No charge.

We took the early shuttle with our luggage, dropped it off, checked-in, then walked back for breakfast at the Comfort Inn, then walked back to the train station in time to board. It is an easy 2-3 minute walk.

No restaurants were open nearby in May (some don't open until June) but you could take the hotel shuttle to downtown, or again it was a pretty easy walk up the steps to the downtown area.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on Spenard Road. They had a shuttle to/from the airport and a continental breakfast. I would recommend this hotel and stay there again myself. It was a clean, safe place for us to sleep and shower prior to our cruise.