Price reduction

I have read a lot saying about a price drop on the cruises. If you go on to see and your cruise has dropped in price but doesnt offer you the same deals (OBC, free wine etc) As to when you booked. Do they still apply if you get price reduction and the perks?

I have read a lot saying about a price drop on the cruises. If you go on to see and your cruise has dropped in price but doesnt offer you the same deals (OBC, free wine etc) As to when you booked. Do they still apply if you get price reduction and the perks?

Depends on the situation. Some OBC would likely remain, such as Royal's OBC from booking a cruise onboard. However, OBC or wine from a travel agent might be reduced or eliminated. All you can do is contact whoever booked your cruise and inquire.

Edited by clarea

Based on your question, if the "deal" is offered from RCI, for example a sale like the By One Get One Half Off, then you would "lose the deal."

When you re-book a lower price you are effectively "canceling" the original booking and creating a new booking. But RCI doesn't make you go through that effort, only changes the booking. So, if you have a C & A Cabin discount of say $250 for booking over 6 months out, and you change to a lower price 4 months out, your C & A Discount will drop to the "less than 6 months" discount of $225.

Another example, and this happened to me on my last cruise. I booked using a Future Cruise Booking. For that I got a $100 OBC. After final payment the price for a JS dropped to below what we paid for a D1 Balcony. The price was an "Interline" rate (airline employee) and not eligible for Future Cruise Booking so I was ineligible for the Interline rate. But my TA talked them into dropping the $100 OBC from the Future Cruise Booking to give me the upgrade and they agreed. So we upgraded for only a loss of $100 OBC.

So, it really depends on the deal. If you book with a $150 OBC from an RCI deal, then lower the rate when the deal is no longer applicable, you'll likely lose the $150 OBC (unless you have a great TA like we do who will fight them into submission). :)