Mobility at Totem Bight in Ketchikan

aksharp1

My father in law has some mobility limitations. He can walk fine, but just in short distances at a time. Is Totem Bight a large park? Are there lots benches or places to sit along the paths of the park? What about the walk from the parking lot to the front entrance? We don't need a wheelchair or a scooter, just so he has a place to rest every few minutes. Thank you so much!

My father in law has some mobility limitations. He can walk fine, but just in short distances at a time. Is Totem Bight a large park? Are there lots benches or places to sit along the paths of the park? What about the walk from the parking lot to the front entrance? We don't need a wheelchair or a scooter, just so he has a place to rest every few minutes. Thank you so much!

I do not have mobility issues but I have been to Totem Bight twice and I am trying to remember.

There is a reasonable bit of walking that you have to do part of the way on a path through the woods. The distance from the parking lot to the entrance is short but he might have a problem on the wood path. If I remember correctly, there are not a lot of benches although there are some.

Three suggestions that you have probably thought of already. I have seen walking stick type canes that convert to a sort of seat. That might help him. Also, I believe that there is a handicapped travel board on CC. You might try posting there. Also try calling Totem Bight directly. They should know.

DON