Tender wait times at Princess Cays

mcgratru

The tenders run about every 15-30 mins....depending on how many folks are wanting to go back and forth. Of course, the 1st couple TO Princess Cays will be the busiest, and they will wait for a full tender. Same with the last couple returning to the ship at the end of the day. However, mid-day, they usually keep a fairly regular schedule.

Thank you for the replies.....busy early and busy late....I am still wondering if someone who has been recently can give me an account of how busy when it is busy.....20 minutes?.....90 minutes? Thanks.

Thank you for the replies.....busy early and busy late....I am still wondering if someone who has been recently can give me an account of how busy when it is busy.....20 minutes?.....90 minutes? Thanks.

My DH and I were on the May 23rd sailing of the CB. It was a 4 day cruise to Princess Cay - pretty much they called it a cruise to nowhere.

Since it was the Memorial Day weekend the ship was packed and when it came time to tender to Princess Cay the wait was 90 minutes. We first had to wait in line to get a slip of paper with a number on it. Then waited (seated) in the dining room. When your number was called it was time to board the tender.

It didn't bother us much because we did not have any excursions to go on and just wanted to spend a nice day on the beach. We did hear that those with excursions have been tendered off the ship earlier.

The lines to tender back to the ship were ridiculously long but we were talking to other people in line (who were complaining about how long this was taking) and within 20 minutes we were on a tender back to the ship.

Thanks for the info.....so if you book a clamshell, i would assume this would count as an excursion and get you off quicker?

No. Clamshells are booked for the day, so it was pretty much get there when you get there and show your ticket and get the clamshell.

Now, one thing about the clamshell. We reserved it online and thought that when we got to Princess Cay, we would have it ready for us but that is not the case. Pretty much it was the same as if we reserved it on the island.

We had to go to the right side of the island because on the left side there were none left. Wasn't too happy about this, especially since we were late getting off the ship but we still had a great time.

Try the banana boat ride if you can - we haven't had that much fun in years - laughed while i was falling off and kept on laughing through the entire ride!

P5250932.jpg.f1d629d2c8c9d49b55b8ba6aab7ce572.jpg

P5250933.jpg.65996effa7a5e20f10a84cdd18751746.jpg