Last bedding update on the Grand?

lrm

I was wondering when the bedding was last updated on the Grand? Did all the cabins receive new mattresses and sheets, etc. during the recent dry dock - or just the suites? Do you still need the foam topper?

We just got off the Grand yesterday. Our beds in our mini suite were definitely not new, both dipped in the middle. They were perfectly comfortable to sleep in, but not to lay across as there was a very obvious bump in the middle. My husband and I are both 28, so I can only speak as people with young bones and very few ailments.

We never actually took the sheets off to look, but C743 had a great mattress last month. It was a pillow-top style. We slept on it for two weeks and loved it - no complaints whatsoever.

Much better than Star, a year prior, where we saw them loading new mattresses on board while we were in our last port (San Diego) on the Mex Riv itinerary. That mattress was less that great.

I was wondering when the bedding was last updated on the Grand? Did all the cabins receive new mattresses and sheets, etc. during the recent dry dock - or just the suites? Do you still need the foam topper?
New mattresses and sheets, etc. are not drydock items. They are changed out during turnaround days as needed. Replacements are always on board. We had a Window Suite on our cruise this March. Mattress was dated 2011 so it was the original in the room when the Window Suites were added that year. That bring said, the mattress had a pillow top added and was the most comfortable we have ever had.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi my husband and I were on the Grand for two weeks to Hawaii early this month. Mini suite had pillow topper on but we still requested two additional toppers be placed on the bed. We also requested that a top sheet be put on the bed too.

Thanks for the replies. We will be in a Baha balcony cabin--hope we get a comfy pillow-top. I also hope we don't need the topper--but it is good to know they are still available.

As others stated mattress's are replaced on an ongoing basis never all at once. So your chances of getting a new one are 50/50. :(

• 2 weeks later...
As others stated mattress's are replaced on an ongoing basis never all at once. So your chances of getting a new one are 50/50. :(

That is better than no chance at all!

I was on the June 1 sailing of Grand Princess. I like a firm mattress and I thought it was just fine. The bed was put into a queen configuration and a foam topper was on top which alleviated the "seam" between the two mattresses when pushed together.

I slept like a rock.