Specialty restaurants on NCL Spirit

nevarez

Hello,

DH and I are booked on the Spirit in November and I would like to know what the specialty restaurants are and how much the cover charge are for each. I noticed that NCL is offering a dinner package for $195/pp for our 12 night cruise.

Since I don't know the cover charges per restaurant, I don't have anything by which to decide whether to go with the dining package or just pay as we go.

Thanks,

Ana

Hello,

DH and I are booked on the Spirit in November and I would like to know what the specialty restaurants are and how much the cover charge are for each. I noticed that NCL is offering a dinner package for $195/pp for our 12 night cruise.

Since I don't know the cover charges per restaurant, I don't have anything by which to decide whether to go with the dining package or just pay as we go.

Thanks,

Ana

The only way the UDP (dinner package) makes financial sense is if you had planned on eating exclusively at the specialty restaurants every night. If this is the case, then you could save a few dollars. Even if you ate at Cagneys (highest cover charge of $30) every night that would run you a tab of $360 per person, so in that case you would save about $155 per person. If you have a variety of venues, you'll end up saving about $100 per person on average depending on your choices... However, if you didn't plan on that many specialty meals, then there really isn't any savings :)

Hi-

I was on the Spirit last January. I loved EVERYTHING about the ship except the MDRs, where I found the food to be cold and the service to be slow. I gave up after 2 tries and ate exclusively in the specialty venues for the rest of the cruise.

My only regret is that I did not purchase the UDP.

I am returning to the Spirit in Nov. as well. I will most definately purchase the UDP. I wonder if we are on the same cruise???

The price for the dining venues are:

Cagney's- $30

LeBestro- $20

Teppenyaki- $25

LaTrattoria- $15

Shogun- $15

and 20% off the ala carte sushi.

I did a live from of my cruise, and I talked A LOT about the food!

Best of luck!:)

Tracie-Lynn

Hi TracieABD!

I looked at the roll call for the November 02 sailing and yes, we are on the same ship! I loved reading your January review of the ship and your itinerary. I commented to my husband how engaging your writing was to read. Looking forward to meeting you and your mom.

Were all the specialty restaurants equally good? What did you like best about them? Which was your favorite?

Thanks,

Ana

Hi TracieABD!

I looked at the roll call for the November 02 sailing and yes, we are on the same ship! I loved reading your January review of the ship and your itinerary. I commented to my husband how engaging your writing was to read. Looking forward to meeting you and your mom.

Were all the specialty restaurants equally good? What did you like best about them? Which was your favorite?

Thanks,

Ana

Hi Ana-

That is very sweet of you to say!

I really liked LeBistro and Cagney's the best. I also loved La Trattoria, and would eat there again (and again). Though I would skip the entrees. It was just too much food.

I am really looking forward to meeting you in a few months! If others are interested, I will gather the info for the Meet and Greet. NCL does an awesome job!

Tracie-Lynn

Hi TracieABD,

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Roll Call forum or here, but my DH and I are interested in attending a Meet and Greet if you are planning on organizing one! We've never attended one before.

Thank you!

Ana

Hi TracieABD,

I wasn't sure whether to post this in the Roll Call forum or here, but my DH and I are interested in attending a Meet and Greet if you are planning on organizing one! We've never attended one before.

Thank you!

Ana

Hey Ana-

Do post on the Roll Call. I will organize it from there!

Yay!

TL