Liberty of the Seas - Lack of information

Just back from a 7 night sailing on the Liberty from Barcelona. All in all a very enjoyable cruise but I have picked out plus and minus points from the cruise.

Plus points

Our choice of cabin 1406 a Junior suite at the back of the ship was extremely quiet and the balcony while shaded most of the day was very big and gave great views. Another plus point was the children's club, aquanauts. I cannot speak highly enough about the staff. My son just turned 3 a few days before the cruise and we couldn't get him out of the club. He loved it and the Dreamworks events were superb.

Now for the minus points.

No longer do RCI supply maps of the ports that you are docking in.

They have also stopped sending out invitations to the C&A events. We missed the first welcome back event because we didn't know it was on. I rang the front desk and was told that it was decided to try and eliminate as much paperwork as possible so therefore all welcome back events are noted in the daily cruise compass. While I commend their efforts to try and eliminate as much of the paper that gets delivered to the cabins, they should have made it known that they had eliminated the paper invitations.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

I did not like the elimination of the "Top tier" invitation on Liberty. While I can see this not being a problem for Diamond and above as they can get information in the lounge, it does not work for Platnum and Emrald members.

This event was not published in the Cruise Compass and I only knew about it as I had stoped by the loyalty ambassador concerning another issue.

They also did not put the list of onboard benefits in the cabin on arrival as has been done on all of my other recent sailings.