Anyone done the Stingray and Island tour with Nativeway?

CRUSINGFAMILY

I have been to Grand Cayman many times before and usually use Capt. Marvin's and love them but I am taking two newbies with me and want to show them everything and this tour with Nativeway seems to cover many more bases.

I just wanted to hear any experiences.

It seems good from the website. :)

We used nativeways and they are AWESOME. We went to the turle farm, Hell and Stingray city. We have used other companies in the past and were very disappointed. Sharon and Eldon (the owners of Nativeways) are wonderful people. I will use them again when we go next year! have fun.

We booked them too based on information gathered from this site. We will be in Grand Cayman on September 6 and soooooo excited. I hear they are wonderful and so far have been great to deal with with the pre-booking quesitons, etc. We are taking the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point excursion.

Thanks for your replies everyone....I am looking specifically for info about the Stingray and Island Tour, tour as it is new.

Cruisecrazy it seems you did the tour....did the price include the admission to turtle farm? Did you also go to Conch House and Tortuga Rum factory?

We did this tour with them last December. It was quite enjoyable. We had a very personable guide, I believe it was Eldon's cousin who took us in an air conditioned van for the Island tour part. He pointed out many sites around the island as well as some island history. I should note that the damage from Hurricane Ivan was the topic everyone was most interested in discussing so we seemed to gravitate toward that frequently. We visited Hell & the Turtle farm. Admission was included. The turtle farm was really interesting for all of us. The Tortuga rum factory is really just a store. If there is a factory there, we weren't able to see it, but you could buy rum & rum cakes after enjoying many samples:) Then we continued on the the marina where we boarded our boat for Stingray City. My 12 year old was allowed to steer the boat once were had departed the marina area. Hint: sit up top with the boat captain. The guides were excellent with everyone in the water. Everyone got to touch, hold, kiss, photo & feed the stingrays. We then returned to the marina via air conditioned bus. We were dropped off on a side street just across from the tender dock. It's a great tour! Hope you enjoy!

Cruisinfamily,

Yes the turtle farm admission is included. The rum factory is right next door to the turtle farm. Try the pineapple rum cake....Yum. If you ask when you are on the way out to the stingray bar, Eldon will get conch shells for you to take home. They are gorgeous. Have fun.

Mindy

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an email from Nativeway saying that the Stingray and Island tour is no longer running. There isn't a high enough demand for it. I'm really bummed because I wanted to do this tour cause I wanted to go to Stingray city and the Turtle Farm.

For those of you who are interested in the Stingray and Island tour, Nativeway is still doing it. I got an email from them today and we are registered for Sept. 17 cruise on Empress. They gave me a time of 9:30 a.m., we didn't get to pick. They tell me they have not cancelled this tour, it's just offered on a limited basis.

I guess there were other people interested in this tour on our day so we got lucky and can go!

Sarapdot....I would check with Nativeway again, see if they have now changed their mind.

I just got an email from Nativeway saying that the Stingray and Island tour is no longer running. There isn't a high enough demand for it. I'm really bummed because I wanted to do this tour cause I wanted to go to Stingray city and the Turtle Farm.

Sara, we did the Stingray And Island tour with Nativeway in April. I'm going back again in November with my daughter and her friend, and we were told too, that they are not offering the Island tour. I really wanted to take the girls to the Sandbar and the Turtle farm (the rest of the island tour really wouldn't be of interest to them anyway).

Email Sharon and tell her what you want to do. She arranged for us to go on the Sandbar and snorkeling excursion, and is arranging a ride for us to the Turtle farm as well. I highly recommend Nativeway!

Ruth - I wish I had known that earlier. We have already booked with Cpt.Marvin. When I emailed Sharon she didn't seem interested in helping us plan something else. She was basically like "Oh, well, sorry. Good luck finding something else." We booked the early morning Stingray with Capt. Marvin and then the Hell/Turtle Farm immediately following.

HMMM....this is very strange....makes me wonder if I'm being told the truth.

Sarapdot...you will not be disappointed with Capt. Marvin. I have used them in the past and they are fabulous!!!!!

I may in fact go with them this time too, I'm nervous about Nativeway given this thread. I was only considering them because they offered more in the way of an island tour.

Archived