Queen Victoria ~ BA Grade Staterooms

Big Foot

Good Morning,

I’m looking at booking a BA grade balcony cabin on Queen Victoria & I am considering the following staterooms: -

7034, 7035, 7056 or 7071

As I’ve never sailed on QV before I wondered if anyone had any experience of any of these cabins or could advise which one(s) may be better than the other?

From looking at the deck plans it looks like the layout of 7034 & 7035 are slightly different / larger to 7056 & 7071?

Any advice / comments greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Joan

I think it would depend on what the weather could possibly be on your cruise. If it's a hot trip and you're likely to spend time on your balcony go for 7056 or 7071 - they are the standard size balcony cabin but with a much larger balcony to spread out on.

If it's a mixed weather trip and there's the likelihood of spending more time in your cabin, go for 7034 or 7035 as you get a little bit more cabin space which may be useful for storage of a suitcase if you can't fit them under your bed. When I've seen both styles of cabins whilst on board, I think they are both given 3 chairs instead of two and on the QE, they are given a footstool but I don't think this is the case on the QV as footstools weren't given in PG on the QV but were on the QE.

Bear in mind that all cabins on the bits tucked in will be able to see you on your balcony so they are not as private as you think although on any of these it'll be Q4 cabins that would be looking at you and their balconies are big enough to lose themselves in anyway.

Also, consider if you're prone to motion sickness as the smaller cabin/bigger balcony option are midships and will have less rock and roll than those further forward.

Hope this helps a little.

• Like 1

Hello,

We're only looking at booking a short break in October so doubt we'll be on the balcony that much.

We just liked the idea of the corner / hump balconies but your detailed explanation has helped especially if we decide to book a longer cruise.

Joan

I'm booked into 7035 for 2 weeks on sunday for the trip to Norway and Iceland.

it was Pepperrn's pics (thank you pepperrn) that I saw just prior to booking that sealed the deal.. The extra space on the Balcony and stateroom really appeal.

Im sharing with my Mum and dad(I'm 34, they're early 60's, aaaghh help me)

I will report back with pics once I'm back home on the 8th of july.. :)

Here's a vid of 8033 on the queen elizabeth i found on youtube.