Melia on Cable Beach???? or Blue Lagoon Island

Has anyone been to this fairly new hotel in Nassau?

I thought that i had read somewhere that you could get a day pass for $30. to basically use their facilities, non-motorized equipment.

Anyone been to both Blue Lagoon or Melia and could give any insight?

Leaving in 5 days, yikes! However, I got a deal so reason for late questions.

The Sheraton changed hands last year and is now the Melia. According to recent reports, you can still buy the day pass at the front desk for $30. In fact, that's what we plan to do this coming Saturday. I think you can check out snorkel equipment, kayaks, and paddle boards for 30 minute intervals. Not sure if you have to put down a refundable deposit or not. The day pass includes a chair, use of the pools, and a towel that must be checked out separately.

Just catch the #10 jitney or take a cab. The beach is great.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have never been to Blue Lagoon but we were at the Melia last week for four nights and highly recommend it for a day pass. Taxis are about $15 each way but we rode the jitney everywhere we went for $1.50.

Be prepared, a beer is $7 plus 15% gratuity, a burger and fries is $19 plus 15%.

The beach is beautiful, gorgeous water and white sand.

We've gone to Blue Lagoon twice in the past 4 years when we cruised with Disney and really enjoyed it... we wouldn't have gone back if we didn't like it :)

Our kids were 7 and 9 at the time and they had a blast! There's a nice calm beach in the lagoon area, along with a floating water park on one side. There's also the option of swimming with/viewing the dolphins and sea lions. Lunch was decent... typical BBQ fare like burgers and hotdogs, chips, fruit salad, etc. I think we also got 2 bar credits to use as well.

On the opposite side of the island you'll find another beach area where the waves are pretty big since it's not sheltered in any way. The kids had fun playing in the shallow water there but the lifeguards made sure people didn't venture off too far there.

There are hammocks and lounge chairs available and what we really liked is that you could easily find a more secluded area by swimming across the lagoon or even by walking farther down the beach area.

Hope that helps!

We were at both places in March- because we docked overnight in Nassau.

Melia is very nice with good pools and a good stretch of beach.

Blue Lagoon is also very nice- but it takes time to take their ferry out there

and back later- so time would be a big concern.

We have taken van cabs or cabs to Melia- to get there faster (as compared to the bus.)

Have a fine cruise.

We were at both places in March- because we docked overnight in Nassau.

Melia is very nice with good pools and a good stretch of beach.

Blue Lagoon is also very nice- but it takes time to take their ferry out there

and back later- so time would be a big concern.

We have taken van cabs or cabs to Melia- to get there faster (as compared to the bus.)

Have a fine cruise.

Our ship docks at 7AM and does not leave until 11:59PM (yes mid-night) so time is definitely on our side. I question how much time you have on Blue Lagoon Island and prices of drinks???

Any insight on that and were they worth the price?

Thanks

We did a 4 hour excursion to the Blue Lagoon- it was just right for us at the time.

If someone wants flexibility, the Melia is only a short cab ride from the pier, so cruisers can stay there longer without having to be concerned with

limited times for ferry service.

You might ask about drink prices on the Bahamas forum. We only had drinks on the ship.