Price drop thank you

birdiebill

Price drops before final payment are great, but once you hit that final payment date you're locked in right?!... and of course, it's usually after that date where the real price drops come into play.

Has anyone been able to get any kind of discount/OBC after final payment in response to last minute deals?

Does anyone not book until last minute deals come into play? (I've done this recently and will do it again... Booked airfare early but cruise within 30-days of departure!)

Edited by VirtualRain

Price drops before final payment are great, but once you hit that final payment date you're locked in right?!... and of course, it's usually after that date where the real price drops come into play.

Has anyone been able to get any kind of discount/OBC after final payment in response to last minute deals?

There have been posts by people who say they have:

o Had no deals after final payment --or--

o Did get the reduced price with the refund as OBC --or--

o Did get the reduced price with the refund to credit card --or--

o Changed to a higher category cabin that cost no more than what they had paid for their original cabin

Sometimes it depends if the new pricing is for new booking only. Sometimes it depends on which agent you speak with.

We always watch for price drops and did exactly this yesterday for our Jan'15 cruises and found that even with the reductions we were still booked at a lower fare and the value of the enhanced OBCs was less than we already had through our TA....but it never hurts to watch.:)

We're booked on a 14-day on CB in April that is also being sold as 2 7-day cruises. As a 14-day, our stateroom category is sold out (still many available on either of the 7-day cruises)...how can you tell what the current pricing is if your category is sold out?

I noticed last week that OBC was being offered for our sailing, so I contacted our TA and asked him to look into it for us....Not only was he able to get us the OBC, but he also told us that our fare had been reduced $160/pp, so we got the fare reduction, reduction in our insurance price, and the OBC...If the OBC hadn't been offered, I would never have known about the fare reduction, because it isn't shown if you do a mock booking...

I'm thrilled that one email saved us almost $600, but was just wondering how/if you can find out what a particular category is currently priced at, even if it is sold out...

Thanks!

Yes. It's not usually at the same rate as the Princess fare drop since I'm already getting a discount and paying less than the new fare. It all depends on the promotion, however, and whether my cabin category is eligible. Sometimes, fare reductions are for new bookings only or for certain cabin types or categories.

Pam, would you mind sharing what cabin category you have booked that was discounted?

Congratulations to all who have benefitted from recent price drops.

What bother's me about the situation is that you have to constantly check and ask, in order to receive....some cruiselines "guarantee" that they are giving you their lowest fare when you book with them...if they are truly being 'fair on fare's', they would give you the price reduction's without you having to ask for them......JMHO.....

Congratulations to all who have benefitted from recent price drops.

What bother's me about the situation is that you have to constantly check and ask, in order to receive....some cruiselines "guarantee" that they are giving you their lowest fare when you book with them...if they are truly being 'fair on fare's', they would give you the price reduction's without you having to ask for them......JMHO.....

That mean's it is the lowest price at the time you do your booking. Since these lines probably do not allow TAs to discount, then the price is the same everywhere and the lowest price=the highest price for that cabin.

Just like Princess, these other lines do not automatically reduce your fare if the price goes down. You still need to discover that on your own and request the lower pricing.

heads up folks....it is a long time between now and Feb. 2015.

the current sale prices have a "non-refundable" deposit clause in them!!

History has shown that Princess will have more sales as the year progresses.

Just an FYI for those who have a cruise a ways off in the future.

Yes, it is a long way until February 2015 -- we booked our cruise in March 2014, selected our cabin [marked no upgrade] and now we sit back to watch for price drops! I monitor prices as does my TA -- we've always had a few price drops in the months leading up to final payment. This most recent price drop, however, was the biggest one in recent years, it came with OBC, and it was earlier in the year than usual. :D [ and the deposit is still refundable.] The mid-ship minis seem to be slow sellers on the Royal for this cruise -- so I'm hoping there will be a few more price drops in the months to come.....;)

heads up folks....it is a long time between now and Feb. 2015.

the current sale prices have a "non-refundable" deposit clause in them!!

History has shown that Princess will have more sales as the year progresses.

Just an FYI for those who have a cruise a ways off in the future.

I note what you say however my price drop today gave us $260pp price reduction plus $200 OBC for sailing in Feb 2015 which did not have a non-refundable clause - so we are still looking for later reductions!

be AWARE, Be very aware!!!!

Sale ends June 19th, 11:59pm PT

Save up to 35%* on over 100 Fall and Winter cruises, plus receive up to $100 FREE onboard spending money per stateroom!^

^Free onboard spending money is in the form of an onboard credit. Up to $100 USD onboard credit per stateroom applies to select sailings and varies according to category booked and sailing duration. Deposits made under this promotion are non-refundable and non-transferable. Past guests may qualify for lower fares than those advertised that do not combine with the Onboard Credit offer.

Price drops are wonderful. We got a $580 PP drop on our Alaska cruise. Helped cover airfare and excursions for the trip...

Congrats to those getting the drops!

My upcoming September coastal keeps going up, and only about 1/3 of my cabin category appears to be booked. Final payment is a month away, so I'm hoping for a drop before then. I'm afraid they'll wait until just after that, then slash prices.

I have a non-refundable deposit, otherwise I might cancel and take a chance on a big drop later on with so few cabins sold so far.

Edited by Ryndam2002

We feel like we hit a jackpot!!

For our So. America 32 day cruise in January 2015, we just got a whopping $1200+ reduction APIECE!!! It was a targeted pricing for FL residents. No extra OBC, but who cares!! For each of us, our $1200 will pay for most of our airfares back from Santiago!

Thanks a million, Princess!!