Cabin Question Golden Princess - New Cruiser

beho88

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, I want to get into the cruising life so decided to joint his forum. I am in the process of booking a cabin on the Golden Princess 4 Night Voyage from LA to Ensenada and have a question about their cabin.

I read that the aft cabins give the best views because of the wake left by the boat so I'm looking at Cabin E371, Category B4. Was wondering if you anyone here ever been in this room before. I'm concerned because on the website it says obstructed view due to beam but I can't find any picture about it. Let me know, thanks!!!

I think there is a vertical beam which blocks a minor part of the view from inside the cabin.

See if you can search for a picture of the back of the Golden (or Star or Grand).

Edited by caribill

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum, I want to get into the cruising life so decided to joint his forum. I am in the process of booking a cabin on the Golden Princess 4 Night Voyage from LA to Ensenada and have a question about their cabin.

I read that the aft cabins give the best views because of the wake left by the boat so I'm looking at Cabin E371, Category B4. Was wondering if you anyone here ever been in this room before. I'm concerned because on the website it says obstructed view due to beam but I can't find any picture about it. Let me know, thanks!!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

There are some photos on CC of the beam.

Try a seach with the cabin # at the top of the postings on the main page.

I assume this is a typo since there is no E371 and you meant E731. :)

I think there is a vertical beam which blocks a minor part of the view from inside the cabin.

See if you can search for a picture of the back of the Golden (or Star or Grand).

Yes, there's a beam partially blocking the view. How much it affects you is personal preference. Most people don't mind it.