Live from Regatta June 7

pacheco18

[COLOR="Teal"][B][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"]Hi Laraine, Looks as if you're taking a little too much from all those wine bottles in your SUITE! I know you're having a great time and the pictures are terrific!! Continue to enjoy. See you in little more than a month!! Arlene;)[/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

[quote name='pacheco18'][ATTACH]315558[/ATTACH]
Oops. Photo is upside down. Took it with iPad lol
Plenty of water to see from verandah[/QUOTE]

Did you take that photo while sitting? (Sorry to be a pest!)

Donna

Baristas is a mob scene 10 am

It opens at 6 am.
I went before breakfast to get my usual. If u eat I the GDR the lattes etc come from bAristas. If u eat in the Terrace you really should get a takeaway cup

I think the location and setup for baristas on the r ships is way preferable to the location on the o ships
No traffic going back and forth behind you
LOADS of comfortable seating -- tables and chairs, sofas and club chairs
It's my hangout. You can sit and read, knit or surf the net. Very relaxing place
On the o ships it's just a place to get your coffee and go
A real winner IMO
Great decision Oceania Edited by pacheco18

[quote name='nettarj']This is great. Can't wait for our December cruise on Regatta
Talk to u when u return

Ron and Carol[/QUOTE]

Carol/Ron
Think about joining us on 2016 Norwegian Fjords.
Talk to u soon

[quote name='nettarj']This is great. Can't wait for our December cruise on Regatta
Talk to u when u return

Ron and Carol[/quote]
The Regatta looks great Laraine, thanks for posting.
Hi Ron&Carol..took out the CD you made from our cruise...saw many of the sites they showed on TV for the 70th celebrations at Normandy Beaches.
Happy travels.

[quote name='LHT28']When we eat in the Terrace the waiter will bring my Cappuccino ......hate coffee in take away cups :eek:[/QUOTE]

The lattes in terrace come from an automatic machine. Not as good as the hand crafted ones in baristas
You can take it awSy from baristas in a china cup or pour it into a cup when u get to the terrace. My point is that the baristas lattes and cappuccinos are far superior to the stuff the comes out of the machines in the terrace

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

[quote name='canuck.qc']The Regatta looks great Laraine, thanks for posting.
Hi Ron&Carol..took out the CD you made from our cruise...saw many of the sites they showed on TV for the 70th celebrations at Normandy Beaches.
Happy travels.[/QUOTE]

Lise, Watched all the shows this past week and it was something to see the celebration after we did Normandy with you all.

Carol

[quote name='pacheco18']

I think the location and setup for baristas on the r ships is way preferable to the location on the o ships
No traffic going back and forth behind you
LOADS of comfortable seating -- tables and chairs, sofas and club chairs
It's my hangout. You can sit and read, knit or surf the net. Very relaxing place
On the o ships it's just a place to get your coffee and go
A real winner IMO
Great decision Oceania[/quote]

Good point, Laraine, regarding the superior location. On our recent Riviera cruise, I never visited Baristas; just slipped my mind because I never passed it.

And I indeed enjoyed the cappucinos delivered at breakfast. I was unable to get cafe au lait - hot milk was impossible there; I gave up after two mornings trial - so I enjoyed the cappucinos instead. Edited by CintiPam

A few random thoughts/observations

No decorations in terrace above the food areas. Perhaps because it is first sailing. Cutback?

There are more children than usual on this cruise because it is alaska. All but two are well behaved. -- two screaming toddlers who I doubt appreciate the cruise or the scenery. Parents unable to control them Awful. They were screaming in polo last night just as we arrived. luckily they were leaving

The string quartet is amazing. Four young women. Everything from Mozart to Mancini. Delightful

Crowd is older and dressed more casually than usual -- again it's alaska

We enjoyed tea today We never go to tea but we skipped lunch and were hungry. Pastries were awesome. I need to skip the rest of the cruise. Lol. I took photos as requested and will post tomorrow

We are not going to the shows so I cannot report on quality of entertainment. Have not played trivia.

We were in Sitka today. We took a fascinating private tour to a salmon hatchery. Juneau tomorrow. Whale watching with the famous Harv and marv

[quote name='pacheco18']A few random thoughts/observations

No decorations in terrace above the food areas. Perhaps because it is first sailing. Cutback?

There are more children than usual on this cruise because it is alaska. All but two are well behaved. -- two screaming toddlers who I doubt appreciate the cruise or the scenery. Parents unable to control them Awful. They were screaming in polo last night just as we arrived. luckily they were leaving

The string quartet is amazing. Four young women. Everything from Mozart to Mancini. Delightful

We enjoyed tea today We never go to tea but we skipped lunch and were hungry. Pastries were awesome. I need to skip the rest of the cruise. Lol. I took photos as requested and will post tomorrow

We are not going to the shows so I cannot report on quality of entertainment. Have not played trivia.

We were in Sitka today. We took a fascinating private tour to a salmon hatchery. Juneau tomorrow. Whale watching with the famous Harv and marv[/QUOTE]

Can't believe you haven't played Trivia yet!

I have come to love breakfast in the GDR. Kippers and eggs today -- another special Sunday breakfast my mother made. Bob tried the canyon ranch blueberry pancakes. Healthy eating is NOT for him lol

I met the GM Giuseppe today. He is new to Oceania coming from many years at silversea Very charming

As promised here are a few photos of tea in horizons, one at a time

[attachment=251205:name]

[quote name='CintiPam']Best part of tea: scones with strawberry jam and clotted cream. Yum![/QUOTE]

Agree. Raisin scones were perfection

We went whale watching today in Juneau with the famous Harv and Marv and we lucked out. A few humpbacks but tons of orca. Beautiful weather. We grabbed a late lunch at the Red Dog Saloon. Exhausted, we opted for room service -- soup and chocolate cake. Perfect meal IMO

I must admit I am loving the Vista Suite. I may have to book one next time. Oh dear.

Laraine, I am so thrilled to be following your "live" review! We'll be on Regatta in November and you already have me aching for kippers ... Hope they'll have them in the Caribbean! I don't wonder you were over the moon with the generous upgrade, but now you may be spoiled forever. Enjoy and I'll keep following.

[quote name='pacheco18']For some reason I am having a technical issue when I upload photos -- got a strange message and I have asked CC for help.

In the meantime I have met the CD, Ray Carr, and I have a really good feeling about him -- very personable. i think he is going to be a winner.

About my Vista Suite -- kind of once in a lifetime -- this morning i got a phone call while I was in my hotel room from Kunal Kamlani (can u believe it) who said that he was only going to be on Regatta for 3 days, thought it was silly for him to have a Vista Suite when he could give someone the"cruise of a lifetime"and -- WOULD I LIKE THE SUITE? Seems he looked over the passenger manifest for frequent O cruisers, saw I was in an OV and thought I'd like the upgrade. Did I win the lottery or what?? Unbelievable. This could spoil me. LOL

I happened to see Kunal at lunch and we had lunch together -- what a guy. I am blown away. Wait till you see the photos of this totally refurbished suite -- I will figure out a way to post them, even if I have to put on a webpage.

Add to that, my favorite butler, Dimitar, is on board as the head butler. He found us (he said when he saw someone ordered Dr. Pepper he knew it was us LOL) and switched with another butler so he could take care of us. I think I am dreaming.

All this without having left port!

Sailaway is about to begin and I don't want to miss it. As soon as I get the photo issue straightened out, I will post.[/QUOTE]

That whole story is so wonderful. I'm just thrilled for you, and I'm sure it's well deserved. ENJOY!

[quote name='pacheco18']A few random thoughts/observations

We were in Sitka today. We took a fascinating private tour to a salmon hatchery. Juneau tomorrow. Whale watching with the famous Harv and marv[/QUOTE]

Hey Laraine, love your thoughts, observations, and pics! What a treat to get the Vista Suite and meet Kunal! Continue to enjoy and look forward to more pics and postings.

[quote name='frank2842']Laraine, do you have dates yet for the 2016 Norwegian Fjords?[/QUOTE]

Wow. This is going be a reunion cruise. Lol
Not yet. For 2014 and 15 it was July and early august I believe.
As soon as it is available I will let u know

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hubbard glacier today. Just awesome. Captain got us up very close and a few brave crew went out in a lifeboat to bring ice on board. Seals everywhere. They don't call this cruise Majesty of Alaska for nothing

My initial instincts about CD Ray were right. He is a winner. Very personable and very visible. Right now he is hanging out at Baristas chatting with passengers. While I have not played trivia, his trivia gets high marks. He makes up all his own questions based on the cruise itself. I would love to sail with him again. I think he is going to be very popular

Toscana tonight. Chocolate ravioli here I come

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app Edited by pacheco18