what are we gonna do???

lauralou

we cant take irons on the ship???

what about steamers?????

NO.

Yes.

If you do a search on "Irons" you'll find a bunch of threads on them.

Don't flame me for my response, but I always bring my travel iron with me. I don't use it much, except for maybe formal nights. Downey Wrinkle Releaser works wonders, even on cottons. It works even better if you spray the clothing the night before. You can get a nice small travel iron at Wal-Mart or Target. Just be smart and unplug it as soon as you are done.

My understanding is Carnival ships have a laundry room with irons. I used one on the Inspiration. Just make sure you plan to do your ironing at a time when other's are less likely to do so cause the line can start getting pretty long on formal night.

When I sailed Princess, I ironed all of our clothes the first night I was on the ship. It took me about 1.5 hours but didn't have to do it again, save for a minor touch up here and there. It was only me and another gal in the laundry room that night - she was on the 2nd leg of a B2B.

Way too long of an answer, Liv....can you sum it up for us?:p

What? Was I speaking Swahili?:p

Don't flame me for my response, but I always bring my travel iron with me. I don't use it much, except for maybe formal nights.

I hope you have your flame retardant suit handy:rolleyes:

I'd suggest taking clothes that don't need ironing.

Who the heck wants to IRON on a cruise? Am I missing something here?

My obsessive compulsive wife who does not think the laundry service ever does a good enough. And probably receives some perverse pleasure from ironing. She can find wrinkles that most people need a magnifying glass to find. So I intentionally bought some tshirts that are "permanently wrinkled". There may be a divorce in our future :D

Michael

Lauralou,

I just returned back on Sunday from the miracle and I took a small travel steamer/iron and had no problems, I left it sit out in plain sight in my room and nothing was ever said. I had to iron about 6 pieces of clothing and it was worth bringing.

My obsessive compulsive wife who does not think the laundry service ever does a good enough. And probably receives some perverse pleasure from ironing. She can find wrinkles that most people need a magnifying glass to find. So I intentionally bought some tshirts that are "permanently wrinkled". There may be a divorce in our future :D

Michael

hehehe... that's so cruel but still funny.

Lauralou,

I just returned back on Sunday from the miracle and I took a small travel steamer/iron and had no problems, I left it sit out in plain sight in my room and nothing was ever said. I had to iron about 6 pieces of clothing and it was worth bringing.

CCL clearly states that IRONS ARE NOT ALLOWED.:mad:

Iron? I'm on vacation! The last thing I'm doing is ironing......

We have our dressy stuff done before we leave and have never had a problem.

We both pack casual clothes that don't need ironing. Shaking out your clothes before hanging them up helps with the travel wrinkles too.

There's a reason they don't allow irons. Sorry if anyone feels flammed but no excuse is valid. Ever had a fire at sea? It's a prety scary experience. Not one I suggest risking

What about a vacuum? Are those allowed? We like to toast up bread on the hotplate we bring, and would like not to have to wait for the stewart to clean up the crumbs on the floor of our room. A clean boat's a happy boat, you know.
Skip the hotplate pack the Habachi:)

Irons are banned for the same reason as candles, crockpots;), etc. As pirate said, it's a huge fire risk. That's why they are provided in the laundry room for passenger use, where someone can keep an eye on things. I wouldn't think of bringing one. My travel steamer does an excellent job.

"CCL clearly states that IRONS ARE NOT ALLOWED.:mad:"

CCL also clearly states that ALCOHOL MAY NOT BE BROUGHT ON BOARD....but that doesn't stop people from discussing how to smuggle it on all the time AND from bringing it on.

Granted, it may not pose a risk such as an iron, but the rules are the rules, right?

Skip the hotplate pack the Habachi:)

Great idea, Corina! I can use candles to light it, the very ones we use to light bottle rockets to shoot off our balcony at night. (I know that CCL regulations prohibit irons and these other items, but hey, I am very careful so those regs must be for other people who aren't as careful as I am... )

I was asked the same question yesterday so I got on the Carnival website that says they do have a launderette that does have an iron available. It was at the bottom under frequently asked questions. I won't be ironing my clothes but I guess I could if I wanted to. I'll be the one you see in all the pictures with wrinkly clothes. :D

For those who do bring irons/travel irons on board - when you KNOW it's espressly forbidden - SHAME ON YOU! You are possibly endangering your own, as well as other passengers, lives!:eek:

On Carnival's website and in their big brochure, as well as in the "Welcome Aboard" brochure you receive with your documents:

"The use of irons, heating pads, and candles are NOT allowed in the cabins, as these items are fire hazards."

WARNING!!!! RED HERRING!!!! :mad:

"CCL clearly states that IRONS ARE NOT ALLOWED.:mad:"

CCL also clearly states that ALCOHOL MAY NOT BE BROUGHT ON BOARD....but that doesn't stop people from discussing how to smuggle it on all the time AND from bringing it on.

Granted, it may not pose a risk such as an iron, but the rules are the rules, right?

That's really not the topic of this discussion, you're just trying to throw out some other argument THAT IS NOT RELEVENT HERE because you can't argue NO IRONS ALLOWED on it's own merrits. (and, no, I DON'T smuggle alcohol on board the ship.)

Archived