what are we gonna do???

lauralou

"CCL clearly states that IRONS ARE NOT ALLOWED.:mad:"

CCL also clearly states that ALCOHOL MAY NOT BE BROUGHT ON BOARD....but that doesn't stop people from discussing how to smuggle it on all the time AND from bringing it on.

Granted, it may not pose a risk such as an iron, but the rules are the rules, right?

Smuggling alcohol on board doesn't possibly put my family's life at stake.

(But yes, rules are rules, that no one can argue.)

For those who do bring irons/travel irons on board - when you KNOW it's espressly forbidden - SHAME ON YOU! You are possibly endangering your own, as well as other passengers, lives!:eek:

If you feel like you need to break the rules bring booze!!!! :p

Respectfully disagree. If you read the post, I said that it may not compare to bringing on an iron, which I do understand the reasons NOT to do.

My point is, that if rules are there, they should be followed...regardless of what they are. If CCL prohibits things, they should NOT be brought on board...PERIOD. So, in my way of thinking, it does apply to this discussion.

If you can afford to go on the cruise in the first place, why are you worried about saving a couple of hundred bucks for A) bringing booze on board and not buying it on the ship and B) not using the iron on board that is in the laundry room?

Respectfully disagree. If you read the post, I said that it may not compare to bringing on an iron, which I do understand the reasons NOT to do.

My point is, that if rules are there, they should be followed...regardless of what they are. If CCL prohibits things, they should NOT be brought on board...PERIOD. So, in my way of thinking, it does apply to this discussion.

If you read the original post again you will see the question is about IRONS and what to do since you're not allowed to bring your own, the question was not about rules in general.

Smuggling alcohol on board doesn't possibly put my family's life at stake.

(But yes, rules are rules, that no one can argue.)

No but the smoker getting drunk in his room on smuggled gin, falling asleep on his wrinkled flammable shirt (see this person obeyed one of the rules)... starting a fire. Waking up with his hair on fire because he was laying on the burning shirt and begins running through the halls might just be a danger to your family's life.

Michael

Here is a tip for getting wrinkles out of clothes:

Turn the hot water on in the shower and close the Bathroom door to let the room steam up. Pull the string across the shower (the one that is just above the shower on one end) and hang your clothes on that for about 10 minutes...almost all the wrinkles fall out of the clothes, and what doesn't fall out, will fall out shortly after you put it on. It works for my husband every time! ; )

No but the smoker getting drunk in his room on smuggled gin, falling asleep on his flammable shirt... starting a fire. waking up with his hair on fire running through the halls might...

Michael

If said smoker hadn't smuggled alcohol, then said smoker would probably still be getting drunk on the ship's alcohol.

If said smoker hadn't smuggled alcohol, then said smoker would probably still be getting drunk on the ship's alcohol.

ahh, but hopefully passing out on the way back to room and only melting capret, unless of course he falls on the cigarette and stil lsets his wrinkled shirt on fire. Either way the ship is floating disaster area and should be avoided at all costs. Everyone cancel your cruise right now. Someone may cause your death.

Michael

YOU WIN. I give up. Don't bring an iron or anything flammable or dangerous, but ignore everything else they say you can't bring and feel free to smuggle it all on board.

If you were paying attention, that wasn't what I said. I do not condone bring contraband onboard the ship.

ahh, but hopefully passing out on the way back to room and only melting capret, unless of course he falls on the cigarette and stil lsets his wrinkled shirt on fire. Either way the ship is floating disaster area and should be avoided at all costs. Everyone cancel your cruise right now. Someone may cause your death.

Michael

Then we should never leave our houses either because you can get hit by a car or someone could shoot you. Oh, but then if you stay in your house all the time that's bad too because accidents happen all the time in homes, especially in the bathroom and kitchen, so you should stop using the bathroom and stop cooking too! :eek: :rolleyes:

Then we should never leave our houses either because you can get hit by a car or someone could shoot you. Oh, but then if you stay in your house all the time that's bad too because accidents happen all the time in homes, especially in the bathroom and kitchen, so you should stop using the bathroom and stop cooking too! :eek: :rolleyes:

Thats why I built my 1950's era bomb shelter and outfitted it with... oh goodness someone could bury me alive......... OH ***************

Michael

What about a vacuum? Are those allowed? We like to toast up bread on the hotplate we bring, and would like not to have to wait for the stewart to clean up the crumbs on the floor of our room. A clean boat's a happy boat, you know.

Why not bring a propane camp stove? You can make "smores" while you shoot fireworks off the balcony. :eek:

Why not bring a propane camp stove? You can make "smores" while you shoot fireworks off the balcony. :eek:

Hey now, on our last Rhapsody cruise we noticed fireworks coming off of a balcony halfway between Cozumel and Galveston.

Michael

Man, I really should do some work, darn these yahoo mail notifications that keep popping up.

laralou,

Ever think about taking a steamer? Does it work as well as an iron -- no!

You could also consider using tissue paper in between layers in your suitcase or if you only have a few good items, use a garment bag and hand carry them.

Or, for your next cruise, consider buying "crinkle"fabric or double knits. They travel well and can be rolled up in the suitcase.

Make sure your garments do not move around in your suitcase. Pack shoes, socks, underwear or sleepwear.

MARAPRINCE

Hey now, on our last Rhapsody cruise we noticed fireworks coming off of a balcony halfway between Cozumel and Galveston.

Michael

Man, I really should do some work, darn these yahoo mail notifications that keep popping up.

Stupid person! Aside from the fire danger, it seems like that would be an easy thing to catch. I wonder what security did?

In all seriousness, some kind of a fireworks display done by professional pyrotechnicians while at sea would be great.

Even with professionals I guess the risk is just too great.

Stupid person! Aside from the fire danger, it seems like that would be an easy thing to catch. I wonder what security did?

In all seriousness, some kind of a fireworks display done by professional pyrotechnicians while at sea would be great.

Even with professionals I guess the risk is just too great.

I don't know, they were little bottle rockets and the like. Probably someone who had just found a new supplier in Mexico :)

In the meantime, I found the answer to our little wrinkled clothes, no iron dilemma, as stated by Paul Lynde on the Holloywood squares.

Q. Paul, why do Hell's Angels wear leather?

A. Paul Lynde: Because chiffon wrinkles too easily.

So we should all just wear leather.

Michael

I don't know, they were little bottle rockets and the like. Probably someone who had just found a new supplier in Mexico :)

In the meantime, I found the answer to our little wrinkled clothes, no iron dilemma, as stated by Paul Lynde on the Holloywood squares.

Q. Paul, why do Hell's Angels wear leather?

A. Paul Lynde: Because chiffon wrinkles too easily.

So we should all just wear leather.

Michael

OOH a reason to wear leather chaps!:D

Archived