Splendor taking up entire webcam

KPfromCT

There's no way to be 100% certain which way ships pulling into Dockyard would dock - many factors to consider, wind/currents & the fact that lifeboat drills and maintenance need to be done, etc. Nor do cruiselines make any sort of guarantees AFAIK.

Ferries would be loaded & busy back and forth - definitely a challenge to get on those buses along the route coming from the beaches with both the EOS & her docked.

That's the NKOTB cruise!

Thanks for posting this!!

I was going to say the same thing! :) MANY of my friends are on that boat right now (seriously, they are probably ON the boat catching up on sleep. A few may be off the boat in Bermuda at this hour, :) ) I've been on 3 of the NKOTB cruises. SO MUCH FUN! Very sad to miss this years. But, I'm doing a family cruise instead. We leave Monday on the Inspiration. :)

That's the NKOTB cruise!

Thanks for posting this!! We will be sailing her in 10 days for 8 days!!

Edit to add: It leaves at 6:00pm tonight so if you're back you can watch it leave Bermuda!!

Thanks. I was wondering what she was doing in Bermuda today.

There's no way to be 100% certain which way ships pulling into Dockyard would dock - many factors to consider, wind/currents & the fact that lifeboat drills and maintenance need to be done, etc. Nor do cruiselines make any sort of guarantees AFAIK.

LOL. <laughing>

Every time we book, we go by feeling. This was when there was one pier. I suppose my chances are cut in half ever since they built a second pier.

So far, we've been lucky, and either face east or south. Love sitting out there at night. Its like having the best balcony on the island.

How long is Spendor visiting?

I was wondering this myself.

Looked it up - 8 Night East Caribbean, out of NY of June 1st. & due back on June 9th, it's last port was Grand Turk on 6/6 and then 2 full sea days sailing northbound for home. For whatever reasons, it left USVI on the 4th. & changed course heading for Bermuda - RCI's EOS already left Dockyard & no longer on webcam.

Weather & sea conditions/forecast look routine and no hurricane in storm tracking, except for the ones sweeping across the midwest & south heading out to sea.

Splendor has left Dockyard & completing her turnaround, heading out to past by St. George & then out into the deeper Atlantic for NY, arriving on June 9th. according to vessel tracking.

Scratch or cross out that 8 nights East Caribbean schedule - ShipMate app on the tablet showing it as a 4 nights NKOTB, duh!

She arrives back from Bermuda to New York tomorrow morning, then off to an 8-night cruise to San Juan, St. Thomas and Grand Turk.

We will be on her the following 8-night week.

This was a New Kids On The Block cruise, I believe a 5 night round-trip from New York that left on Thursday.