Crab Shack on Coral Princess

Eileen G

Any dining venue on Princess is all you can eat. You can always ask for more :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On the Crown last December 2014 there were six of us dining and a few of us wanted more crab and we were told no by the head waiter and waiter,but if we wanted to pay $20. More dollars we could. Our first time participating in the crab shack. Off night?

It was ok,probably wouldn't do it again.

Julie

On the Crown last December 2014 there were six of us dining and a few of us wanted more crab and we were told no by the head waiter and waiter,but if we wanted to pay $20. More dollars we could. Our first time participating in the crab shack. Off night?

Julie

We ate at the Crab Shack on the Crown in February and were able to get seconds. Damn Princess inconsistency [emoji32] On the same ship two months apart [emoji33] Edited by IECalCruiser

Julie

:mad: Hi, How outrageous! I have had bad service, but that is unheard of on a Princess ship! You should have asked for the Maitre D'! And he didn't do anything, then go to the Purser, We've eaten there many times since they started it: first time on the Emerald, 2x Crown, 2x Star and recently on the Ruby. It's always all been "All you can eat". In fact the wait staff are usually trying to give us more! The Wait Staff do get a little confused it you want to change up your choices in the seafood pots, (like just snow crab). Just like in the dinning rooms, they would rather you just order another pot. It's easier that way for them. Our experiences there have always been good. We usually can't eat it all, not to mention eating dessert. We usually recommend it for first timers. Of course, if you're from New England, it doesn't compare.:o

We ate at the Crab Shack on the Crown in February and were able to get seconds. Damn Princess inconsistency [emoji32] On the same ship two months apart [emoji33]

Hi, We ate there in Feb. also and was great as always. Which cruise were you on?

Edited by riiso1004
typo and added text

I posted about the Crab Shack on the Star in August and most people replying on various ships could not get another serving of anything without paying a second cover charge. The people in our group that ordered the mixed basket got a huge amount of food but those of us who ordered the shrimp and crab option got a small handful of medium sized shrimp and 1 crab leg. Most of our group doesn't eat pork so we didn't have the soup and the appetizer portion of fried shrimp was 2 per person and 1 small hush puppy. It didn't make sense that they would not allow for extra servings. The amount of crab in the MDR was a similar amount and you could reorder. I guess they only thaw a certain amount of seafood but they need to increase that and let people have extra if there is upcharge. The tables around us were also unhappy.

I posted about the Crab Shack on the Star in August and most people replying on various ships could not get another serving of anything without paying a second cover charge. The people in our group that ordered the mixed basket got a huge amount of food but those of us who ordered the shrimp and crab option got a small handful of medium sized shrimp and 1 crab leg. Most of our group doesn't eat pork so we didn't have the soup and the appetizer portion of fried shrimp was 2 per person and 1 small hush puppy. It didn't make sense that they would not allow for extra servings. The amount of crab in the MDR was a similar amount and you could reorder. I guess they only thaw a certain amount of seafood but they need to increase that and let people have extra if there is upcharge. The tables around us were also unhappy.

Wow, we just eat there on the Ruby in Sept., but they didn't do that. We aren't planning on eating there on our next cruises on the Star, but will advise our CC group, whose eating there to check before making reservations. In fact, I might copy your post over.

If that becomes standard among other ships that is a great way to destroy the Crab Shack.

We ate in the Crab Shack twice this year , on Emerald in February and on Ruby in September. Both times it was all you can eat. We didnt order extra bowls as we were only 2 and each got a bowl but there were other tables next to us that had several bowls again and again.

Bryan(truckguy)

• 3 weeks later...

Would love to do this but dh has shellfish allergy...wish they'd add a burger choice so we could go ...would not go without him.

or wonder if he could request a burger.....he'd be ok with the soup and appetizer but not those great yummy entrees!