Epic Inside stateroom???

BusyFLmom

We are a family of 5.... I just booked the Epic for next year and have us in a balcony category BE and the inside directly across category IE. The booking cruise consultant said the inside is slotted for 2 passengers due to lifeboat capacity but will sleep 3....as it is our intent to have our 3 kids in this room ...ages 16, 11,11. The balcony sleeps 3 so that is how we booked. He said once on board it's a free for all. So my question is....can these insides really sleep 3?:confused:

We are a family of 5.... I just booked the Epic for next year and have us in a balcony category BE and the inside directly across category IE. The booking cruise consultant said the inside is slotted for 2 passengers due to lifeboat capacity but will sleep 3....as it is our intent to have our 3 kids in this room ...ages 16, 11,11. The balcony sleeps 3 so that is how we booked. He said once on board it's a free for all. So my question is....can these insides really sleep 3?:confused:

Yep. Just make sure on the deck plan that is says so for that room. There is a bunk that pulls down from the wall for the 3rd person.

Once you get on board, get the kids put into that inside room with the proper keys, and do the same for the two of you. Then get yourself a spare key to their room, and them one to yours, so you can go back and forth.

By the way, I wouldn't trust 11yo's in a room without a parent, but that's just me. They're your kids. However, expect to maybe get some grief over this. Actually, the 16yo might be the bigger issue. ;)

Thanks for the info! Glad to know that 3 will actually fit. As far as trusting my kids... We'll there will be rules. Lots of great advice found on here on this subject. Besides they know If they mess up... Dad and I will cruise alone next time and they can stay home with grandma 😉

you might check with NCL. Not sure they allow kids in staterooms by themselves. Carnival doesn't.

(from another thread)

I've booked two cabins for the four of us..me, DH and my two 17 year old twins. We had to book it as one adult w/one child since Carnival requires it that way.

13 – 17 years of age

Can have their own cabin as long as it is located within 3 staterooms (this is the maximum number of staterooms allowed) from their parents, grandparents or legal guardian.

12 years and under

Must be booked in parents’ cabin, no exceptions.

then again, there's this...it's from 2011, so not sure how accurate it is.

NCL has new policy about children in own cabin

Just back from the Epic and didn't want to share this until I was sure we wouldn't have a problem. A couple of months back our TA shared with us that NCL had changed their policy about children being in cabin near their parents on the Epic. We had her double and triple check with the NCL group dept. head and we were assured this was the new pollicy although it has not been updated on their site. So bottom line is we had "children" ages 17 and 18 in the cabin next to parents. This was not a connecting cabin. We were told they could also be in an inside directly across from us.

Edited by Traveller20074