redeeming BOA Visa points

I am about to book a cruise. It is inside final payment date, so I will have to pay in full right away.

I have enough BOA rewards points to qualify for a discount towards this cruise.

How do I do this? Do I request the discount from the My Rewards page first, wait to get the certificate email, then call the cruiseline direct to book the cruise and have the discount applied?

And, is this discount combinable with other offers such as resident pricing, etc.

Thanks in advance

Edited by DonnaK

I am about to book a cruise. It is inside final payment date, so I will have to pay in full right away.

I have enough BOA rewards points to qualify for a discount towards this cruise.

How do I do this? Do I request the discount from the My Rewards page first, wait to get the certificate email, then call the cruiseline direct to book the cruise and have the discount applied?

And, is this discount combinable with other offers such as resident pricing, etc.

Thanks in advance

I believe you must book the cruise, then go online and redeem the points, then you would get a refund to your credit card.

However, I would also suggest you call the redemptions people to be sure about the process: 888-305-4626. They can tell you about combinability.

Edited by clarea

I believe you must book the cruise, then go online and redeem the points, then you would get a refund to your credit card.

However, I would also suggest you call the redemptions people to be sure about the process: 888-305-4626. They can tell you about combinability.

Thanks Bob

Edited by DonnaK

I know how to redeem points for obc. I just didn't realize you could use it for a discount on a cruise.

Thanks

Redeeming points for a discount is just one of several options you have when you redeem points.

If you look at this document, you can see all the options:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/visa/royal_terms_and_conditions_08.20.13.pdf

Edited by clarea