Stingray City Question

kroozbuddy

You can save money by booking with a local company. We used captain marvin and got sting ray city and two snorkel stops, for $45. Less if you want only one snorkel stop. Much smaller boat and personalized attention

Good morning all (9:05AM Eastern)

Looking to hear from any and all that have experienced Stingray City on GSC.

1. Was it worth $50 a person?

2. Where is it on the island?

Thanks all!!!

It is totally worth it; however, book a private excursion. The ship's excursions are crowded. We booked thru Native Way Watersports, and booked the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour.

Highlight of my cruise last December.

Capt. Chip from Stingray Sailing was amazing and it felt like a private tour. Even with the rough weather and the trip being cut a little short, it was well worth every penny as we were one of only 2 boats out there that day.

My review over on a certain trip advising site says it all. If reading the reviews posted doesn't sell you on him, nothing will, and it will be your loss. ;)

http://www.stingraysailing.com/

Edited by CP Tech

We used Cayman Eco Adventures, there were only 8 on our excursion. All communication, details were courteous & prompt. Kevin is a great captain, he knows the area really well and we would definitely recommend and do again. Don't book a ship excursion, there will be way to many people. There are lots of private operators available, all of whom will provide a better experience. Try the Grand Cayman threads or look at Trip Advisor too.

It is totally worth it; however, book a private excursion. The ship's excursions are crowded. We booked thru Native Way Watersports, and booked the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point tour.

We used them as well, a small group, personal service, one of the best tours we have ever had.

Dave

Good morning all (9:05AM Eastern)

Looking to hear from any and all that have experienced Stingray City on GSC.

1. Was it worth $50 a person?

2. Where is it on the island?

Thanks all!!!

I think you are referring to the string ray tour at Great Stirrup Cay........

I would be interested to hear the response to this question as well. I think most of the people who have replied are referring to stingray city in Grand Cayman. My husband and I did that tour and it was wonderful! We enjoyed it so much that we are considering doing the string ray tour at GSC with our 6 yo daughter. I'd love for her to have that experience. However, I haven't heard a lot of feedback in regards to the experience at GSC. Any info would be appreciated!

You can save money by booking with a local company. We used captain marvin and got sting ray city and two snorkel stops, for $45. Less if you want only one snorkel stop. Much smaller boat and personalized attention

Loved Captain Marvins. We got out to stingray city before all the boats full of cruise passengers and had the place to ourselves for nearly an hour. When it started to get crowded, we left and went snorkeling on a reef.

Edit: Whoops, saw that you were asking about GSC. I was replying like some others about Grand Cayman. I'll leave my post in case someone else reads "stingray city" and wants advice, but to the OP, I have no idea about GSC

Edited by sdmike

Highlight of my cruise last December.

Capt. Chip from Stingray Sailing was amazing and it felt like a private tour. Even with the rough weather and the trip being cut a little short, it was well worth every penny as we were one of only 2 boats out there that day.

My review over on a certain trip advising site says it all. If reading the reviews posted doesn't sell you on him, nothing will, and it will be your loss. ;)

http://www.stingraysailing.com/

I second Capt. Chip! Fabulous time!! Stingray Sailing is the best.

Mary Ann

Check out my avatar. That is one of the stingrays I got to feed and kiss...yes kiss. One of the best tours I ever took. Like the other posters I booked privately. Meanwhile while I was kissing a stingray my DH had a different private tour booked..he rode a bike to hell! LOL:D

We used Cayman Eco Adventures, ... Kevin is a great captain,

Kevin from Eco and Chip from Stingray Sailing do a lot of work together. They help each other out a lot.

Kevin ended up driving us back to the pier because Chip needed to go meet another tour. Both great people.