Does the bus service drop of at most beaches

Orbweaver

Hello all Was wondering i the bus go to most of the beaches. Looking to start at one end of the island and visit 5 or 6 of the famous beaches. If so how much time would you say to get to beach to beach. Has anyone done this and can give me some ideas. Is getting sea glass as easy as it sounds..thanks for any advice...leaving this saturday for bermuda laura

Hi,

Bus route #7 does the beaches from Dockyard to Hamilton.

From the Dockyard to Elbow beach there is about 8 beaches you could stop. If you were to go to Elbow beach directly it would take an hour.

The sea glass beach near the Dockyard is now under WEDCO management and it is now prohibited to pick up sea glass.

There is an other "famous" sea glass beach near Tobacco Bay ( at the complete opposite end of the island ) and I am not aware of any restrictions.

Have fun !

I know there is a path that links many of the beaches. SailBadtheSinner has a map on one of the threads here... I'll try to look it up later....

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

thanks for your help. can most beaches on southside be walked to say if we took the bus to church bay and walked up the coast

No, you can't walk up the coast from Church Bay. You can walk from Horseshoe Bay to Warwick Long Bay (in either direction).

You cannot walk from Church Bay to Horseshoe really. Unless you want to walk for about 2 miles on the street itself. You can, however, walk from Horseshoe Beach to Warwick Long Bay very easily. So, you can see all the beaches in between via a beach path. Simple 15 minute walk, mostly level. Horseshoe, the beach next to it, then Josbson's cove and Warwick are all amazing beaches. You can take the bus from Warwick a few more minutes to Elbow Beach. Not sure if you can walk from Warwick to Elbow. Church Bay can be accessed by a bus a stop and about 30 stairs. In my opinion, the other beaches I mentioned above were nicer than Church Bay which I felt was too rough for snorkeling and really didn't have as nice a Sandy beach as the others ( small, sand wasn't as soft and lots of seaweed, rocks)

thank you all. leaving saturday for bermuda and getting there at 9am and leaving at 5pm next day. would just like to visit the best beaches which i heard our near horseshoe. take some photos,snorkel and just get some great views..if there is anything you would recommend im all ears..planning on getting two day bus pass...thanks to all who have help..