Infinity: Private Tours

zlato

Cruising on Infinity this Fall with stop at La Havre (two nights). Would prefer private car, guide, and driver to visit Normandy with focus on D-Day history. Also, would appreciate any recommendations regarding private tour vs Celebrity shore tour of Paris on provided bus with 40 plus passengers. Can Celebrity arrange private tours. If so, has anyone experienced any of the private tours arranged by Celebrity? Thanks

Yes, celebrity can arrange private tours but the cost is very high compared to hiring your own guide. Check your cruise roll call,

The ports section here or trip advisor to find the names of guides others have used.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ghstudio

I just visited Lehavre and did the ship tour of Claude Monets house and gardens in Giverny along with a trip to Rouen. It was excellent! If you are looking for a private or semi-private tour, I would suggest that you go to your roll call and see if any of your fellow passengers are looking for people to join their tour or you could get one started. Normandy is a place that I would want a very experienced tour guide to accompany me to. I'm sure that the ship's would be excellent but I understand you wanting a smaller group.

Trip Advisor has been very informative for me and I have booked very nice tours for my family in many cities. Just search Normandy or Paris and look under activities. Also, you may search here on CC under ports of call for reviews of tours that passengers have taken.

Also, a good suggestion in Paris may be to take the ship's transportation or the train on your own and then have a private tour booked. I don't know what your budget is but I'm guessing that private transportation to and from Lehavre is several hundred dollars. Good luck!

Cruising on Infinity this Fall with stop at La Havre (two nights). Would prefer private car, guide, and driver to visit Normandy with focus on D-Day history. Also, would appreciate any recommendations regarding private tour vs Celebrity shore tour of Paris on provided bus with 40 plus passengers. Can Celebrity arrange private tours. If so, has anyone experienced any of the private tours arranged by Celebrity? Thanks

What date are you sailing? We are on the September 8th. Lois

Sailing on Oct.1. Appreciate any reviews from your earlier sailing. Upon completion, we will stay on ship (B2B) for Trans Atlantic crossing to Ft. Lauderdale.

Why don't you join the roll calls for your cruise. The TA is :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1817490&page=88

Oct 1 cruise: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1878233

Sailing on Oct.1. Appreciate any reviews from your earlier sailing. Upon completion, we will stay on ship (B2B) for Trans Atlantic crossing to Ft. Lauderdale.

we are doing the same. 26 days!

mark and julie

I have posted a query on this board regarding private vs Celebrity shore tours; would appreciate your opinions, and hopefully our paths will cross on these voyages.

Jim & Rose Marie

I have posted a query on this board regarding private vs Celebrity shore tours; would appreciate your opinions, and hopefully our paths will cross on these voyages.

Jim & Rose Marie

private tours are in my opinion usually the way to go as they are in most cases cheaper and have less persons in the group. that said, if you arrange your own tour and something happens (like your transportation breaking down) you risk missing the ship's departure. If you are on a ship tour, they wait for you. let me know if you have any questions.

mark

mwp1117@comcast.net