Zuiderdam cabin ???

6travelers

We are seriously looking at a cruise on the Zuiderdam next year April 2015. I read she is in dry dock the first two weeks of April, so she should be spruced up! Have been searching for answers to a few questions before we book. Hoping you experts might know the answers. Do the balcony doors open between balconies? Which deck is best for a balcony cabin? Looks to me that deck 5 and 6 would be best given there are cabins above and below, but have read the cabins on deck 4 have a two foot larger balcony? Hope you experts can help me and give your advice. Thank you in advance!

We have always had deck 4 verandahs on the Zuiderdam, Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam. The balconies are indeed deeper that others along the sides of the ship.

There is a section of the dividers between balconies that the steward can open for you.

Here are some pictures from the Eurodam cabin 4043 that we have had. It shows the partition open between a steel raining (4041) and plexiglass railings (the majority of balconies have plexiglass): http://halfacts.com/4043-eurodam/

On the Zuiderdam cabins 4164 and 4166 have double wide balconies due to a service staircase in between them; we had one of those on the Eurodam and we never heard noise from the stairway. Cabin 4166 has a shower only, not a tub like 4164.

Edited by Boytjie

We had an aft verandah cabin in the Zuiderdam a few years ago. We loved it because it was big, we were out of the wind, and we had beautiful, panoramic views. The downside is that we were on Navigation deck just under the aft Lido pool and sundeck, so lots of noise in the morning as chairs were moved and straightened, etc. I would choose a lower deck if I were booking it again. Also, the cabin had a little swaying movement all the time, even when anchored, so that might be a consideration for some folks. Choosing a lower deck might help that also, I guess.

We just sailed last week and loved our cabin. The verandah had 2 loungers, 2 chairs and two tables and lots of room. We were completely covered -- so could be outside even in the rain. We could look down on deck four but no one could look down on us. It was quiet with rooms on top and below us. It really was not windy at all as we were well-protected. I will try and post a few pictures later when I am on my laptop.

• 1 year later...

On the Zuiderdam cabins 4164 and 4166 have double wide balconies due to a service staircase in between them; is there also a public access staircase between these two cabins? We booked an inside 4168 with the idea of being able to pop down to the Promenade Deck as a substitute for springing for a balcony.

On the Zuiderdam cabins 4164 and 4166 have double wide balconies due to a service staircase in between them; is there also a public access staircase between these two cabins? We booked an inside 4168 with the idea of being able to pop down to the Promenade Deck as a substitute for springing for a balcony.

We were in 4166 on the Eurodam (similar to 4164 on Zuiderdam). The staircases seen between the balcony cabins and next to the 4168 inside are accessible to staff only.

BTW we did not hear any noise from the staircases.

Edited by Boytjie