NCL Star Garden Villa Cruise Mar. 2014

goodguyrick

My family cruised the Mexican Riviera March 2 - 9, 2014 in room 14000 Garden Villa.

The experience was wonderful. We had 4 adults, 1 teen and 2 children with us. The service they provided my family was unforgettable. We ate dinner one night in the Villa (Party of 13) and the service was A1+.

The only draw backs to the experience was, we were never told about the music options for the balcony area and how to turn the lights on in the kitchen..... yeah, I know I would take those issues every day of the week too!

Here is the video tour we made of our Garden Villa. It is a 2 part video, inside and outside video.

Edited by goodguyrick

Thanks for sharing and thanks for taking the time in making a video. Good job. Staying in the Garden Villa is an item on my bucket list. I think I would like the Villa on the Gem. Two rooms have balconies. Hope you had a wonderful trip.:)

What was the condition of the room?

The room was well kept. They did replace all of the mattresses on the last day while we were waiting to disembark the ship. One suite had a leak in the bathroom, but they came up and fixed it.

The room was well kept. They did replace all of the mattresses on the last day while we were waiting to disembark the ship. One suite had a leak in the bathroom, but they came up and fixed it.

Thanks. What about the wood (cabinets, etc) and furniture in terms of dents/scratches/wear?

I've seen your videos on YouTube -- great job, btw!

My family is staying in 14500 on the star to Mexico in December. Never been on NCL or in a GV.

Just wondering if you had any issues with people trying to get into your villa via the back gate from the basketball court?

I've read a couple people having this issue. Makes me a little nervous.

-Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My family is staying in 14500 on the star to Mexico in December. Never been on NCL or in a GV.

Just wondering if you had any issues with people trying to get into your villa via the back gate from the basketball court?

-Tim

We have stayed in the GV on the Star twice and never had any problem with people getting onto our deck from the basketball court. If I remember correctly we can open the door to get into the basketball area but you can't open it to get back.

-Tim

We used that door a few times... both to exit; and to enter the GV. If you use the back entrance, just make sure you lock it after you. We didn't have any problems.... Clint, the Butler told us of a few issues past guests had.

As far as the condition of the Garden Villa (Woodwork etc.) We had one minor issue with the toilet in the suite closest to the balcony area.... but they immediately fixed it. The rest was in good order and easy on the eyes.