Shellac Nail Polish On Sea Princess

Tug 1947

Hi

Hope somebody can help does the spa on Sea Princess remove and or apply Shellac nail polish.

Was going to have it done before I start cruising but if my nails grow too much would want it removed.

The technician did a good job. It was a bit more expensive than Brisbane prices. I found the price listed in the brochure wasn't what was charged at the end as they add on an automatic tip of about 15% so keep that in mind.

It's easy enough to remove yourself. You need some acetone nail polish remover, some small cotton balls and some squares of foil just big enough to wrap around each of your fingers. Soak the cotton ball in remover, place on nail and wrap in foil. Do one hand at a time. Leave on for 10-15 minutes. The Shellac polish should just come off but any stubborn bits can be "encouraged" by gently scraping with a wooden manicure stick. Buff nails gently after removal.

This also works with OPI GelCoat.

First, and only, time I allowed myself to be convinced to have shellac nails was for a 3-week cruise. When I had to have it taken off onboard (no new coat applied) it cost $85!!! And that was several years ago.

Why not do your own for your cruise. You have ample free time, and it costs a LOT less.

Don't know if this is of use to you or not. I generally have my nails done two days before I leave home (for a 14-day or so cruise). I have been having them painted in a "fade" the last few times. A "fade" is like a French nail polish, except the part that would be white is polished with color. You can do them this way with regular polish or gel, but I think gel is a waste in this case. Because the bottom part of the polish job is "natural" colored, the growth does not show much at all.

M.