Corkage Fee

CTF7

By the looks of the menus posted on another thread they have a 200% markup on their wine. So the corkage fee isn't that bad if you don't mind schlepping it on board.

On the ship, 30 bucks will get you a eight dollar bottle of wine.

A 30$ bottle will likely cost you 75 bucks.

The corkage fee is worth it.

On the ship, 30 bucks will get you a eight dollar bottle of wine.

A 30$ bottle will likely cost you 75 bucks.

The corkage fee is worth it.

Agree- we usually bring a few bottles of Jordan cabernet- costs us 45.00 (sometimes less if we find a good sale) + 15.00 corkage = 60.00 - the bottle on board is 96.00 - saving 36. a bottle by bringing on board.

On the other hand - during the day- I love St Michelle Riesling- i can get it for 8.00 + 15. corkage= 23 - NCL has it for 29. I rather pay the extra 6 and carry more Jordan:D

Read everything on this thread about corkage fees. Would like to know when you pay the corkage fee. Do you pay when you are given the sticker?? Or is it added to your bill??

When you go through security- they will note that you have wine and send you to the desk to get stickers and pay- you don't really pay at that moment- it is added to your onboard account- Be careful- I was reviewing my charges on the tv and saw something I didn't think was mine. I then spent about 15 -20 min in line at guest services because I had a 45.00 charge from manhatten (I think) never went there so was questioning the charge- It was the corkage fee!! - it is not identified on the bill as corkage...:D

Enjoy your trip and your WINE;)

When you go through security- they will note that you have wine and send you to the desk to get stickers and pay- you don't really pay at that moment- it is added to your onboard account- Be careful- I was reviewing my charges on the tv and saw something I didn't think was mine. I then spent about 15 -20 min in line at guest services because I had a 45.00 charge from manhatten (I think) never went there so was questioning the charge- It was the corkage fee!! - it is not identified on the bill as corkage...:D

Had a questionable billing on my July 2013 sailing NCL SUN SB Alaska about

the corkage on two bottles of wine = turns out they do the billing on one of

the restaurant accounts - so if you brought wine on board and a strange fee

occurs that is logged to a restaurant or bar you did not go to and divisible by

15 that's your where the corkage fee was accounted.

Good idea to check and recheck your on board expense account - misapplied

charges could happen if the service person handling your charges also was

handling others at the same time or as noted above you were not at the

bar or restaurant at the time and place of the billing - a clue or heads up would

be the time when you were boarding the ship obviously you were not in or near

that restaurant or bar for the amount charged at 15 x bottles.

On another note - if the craft beer from a previous post was placed in a wine

bottle who would know except that a chardonnay (white wine) does not have

a rusty brown red color - unless the bottle is opened for inspection for a taste

test who would know what the contents were or the alcoholic proof !

As noted take it on board if challenged have them store the bottle(s) for your

reclaiming at the end of the voyage - probably too much hassle - have cruising

customer pay a corkage fee and let it be. The cruise line is getting $15 per

bottle and not having to contend with FREE storage of your questionable stuff !

Thanks for the replies.

thanks for the reply.