Main Seating and disembarkation

JENNYDISNEY

Last year I was on the second seating and on disembarkation day we were able to have the late breakfast.

This year we choose the main seating, but we do not want to wake to have breakfast at 6:45 a.m. If we show up at 8:00 a.m for breakfast will we be turned away? :confused:

Last year I was on the second seating and on disembarkation day we were able to have the late breakfast.

This year we choose the main seating, but we do not want to wake to have breakfast at 6:45 a.m. If we show up at 8:00 a.m for breakfast will we be turned away? :confused:

If you give your head server a head's up that you would like to go to the late seating breakfast, they may be able to accommodate you. However, you most likely will not have your serving team, or, indeed, may not be in the MDR that you would have been assigned to if you go to your "correct" seating.

If you just show up at late seating for the proper MDR that you should be in that morning, they will, most likely, try to accommodate you, but you probably will not be seated with your servers.

I will point out that the buffet is an option of debarkation day, also. You can go there anytime prior to their closing (generally 8:00, but you can stay there until around 8:30).

If you give your head server a head's up that you would like to go to the late seating breakfast, they may be able to accommodate you. However, you most likely will not have your serving team, or, indeed, may not be in the MDR that you would have been assigned to if you go to your "correct" seating.

If you just show up at late seating for the proper MDR that you should be in that morning, they will, most likely, try to accommodate you, but you probably will not be seated with your servers.

I will point out that the buffet is an option of debarkation day, also. You can go there anytime prior to their closing (generally 8:00, but you can stay there until around 8:30).

ok, good to know! thank you for the heads up! Our servers last year were amazing. I'm hoping this year we will get lucky again. :D

At our departure breakfast, we had another couple from the earlier seating added to our table to replace one of our couples who left early to catch a flight. They said they had asked the MD 2 days prior and only got the go ahead the night before when our companions canceled.

Even though they know some people won't show, unless they tell their servers the staff doesn't know where the empty seats will be, until its time to take orders. They have to leave the seat open until they are sure no one is coming. Walkups are seated at tables where no one shows after a certain point.

If you just show up at 8:00, you are inconveniencing a lot of people. What you need to do is to talk to your head server. He will likely be able to provide you with a table, but not necessarily with YOUR serving team. Remember, there are people who have late seating who may need to be off the ship early for a flight--the head server would just swap the seats!

The other alternatives are the pool deck buffet or healthy outlets. Goofy's Galley/Daisy's DeLites is open at 7 and the Topsider's/Cabana's buffet is open usually 7-8:30.

Don't just show up at late breakfast in the MDRs though--with a little advance notice, they WILL be ready for you!

We were in the same situation on our last cruise. We didn't want to eat so early when our bus to the airport wasn't departing until something like 9:30 a.m.

We told our Head Server and he said he would have a table for us at the later breakfast.

We were in the same situation on our last cruise. We didn't want to eat so early when our bus to the airport wasn't departing until something like 9:30 a.m.

We told our Head Server and he said he would have a table for us at the later breakfast.

Great! Thank you!