The Summit and all it's differences to other ships

welshfamily

I couldn't think of another way to phrase this question,

Therefore

Has there been any other reports of the changes which have happened on Summit on other ships.

By changes I mean;

Embarkation lunch for Suite guest and Aqua.

Changes to Bistro on 5's menu,

Changes to the way the Buffet food is served.

The recent reviews of the Summit have been very positive.

I have always liked the fact that Celebrity ships are pretty much the same and therefore allow me to choose a cruise based on itinerary rather than the ship. However some of the changes happening on the Summit are appealing therefore I am interested to know .....are they just Summit changes?

Just got off the summit sunday from our first cruise.

They did let us have a brunch in Blue when we first got on, they ushered us right to the elevator and right to blu. Almost felt like we didnt have a choice but glad they had brunch it was nice.

Buffet, not sure how they did it before, but we tried the buffet once or twice and was fine for us. We used it mainly for ice cream cones and late night pizza!

We tried bisto on 5 once for brunch (late morning). I didn't take a picture of the menu but it had a lot more then the crepe stuff on it. We tried eggs and potatoes at first and we didn't like it at all. but then thought why not try something else before we go. Tried their nutella crepe and the sweet and sour chicken crepe and both were very good. So no so great for breakfast but seemed really good for a lunch or dinner.

Blu was great almost the entire week. So much so we didn't try room service or the MDR like we wanted. One or two nights at blu was only so so but for the most part food was very good.

We were pretty sea sick the first two days and the boat was rocking something awful. After that things calmed down when we got to bermuda.

I was told by a senior restaurant manager that they are testing the new concepts on Summit because it is full of New Yorkers. They figure we are the toughest customers to please, and if we like it the ROW will love it.:)

Like the song goes, if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

I was very sad to hear that Michael's was turned into a suite only lounge. From the reviews I have read, it is empty most of the time. I wish they would reinstate it as a regular lounge. We sail on the Summit in Jan. I am interested to see the changes first hand. It seems that people either love them or hate them. there doesn't seem to be any in between. :rolleyes:

I was told by a senior restaurant manager that they are testing the new concepts on Summit because it is full of New Yorkers. They figure we are the toughest customers to please, and if we like it the ROW will love it.:)

Like the song goes, if you can make it here, you can make it anywhere!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Forums mobile app

OH, NO!!!! I hope they don't consider replacing the pool grill with a dirty water hot dogs. :eek::eek::eek:

The crew on The Summit is great! Oh, and the captain:o

Got off the ship about a month ago right before the changes. With out the changes we still had an amazing time and plan to take The Summit again next year!

You will love the ship. We are seasoned cruisers and can truthfully say that the ship was great!

Linda, I heard the same thing. We passed Michael's one night and there was only 2 people in there. So sad and waste of space that other's could enjoy. But on the other hand when you are paying a premium for a vacation you should be treated to something special. I have an issue with them not opening Michael's to the Sky Suite guests that are Elite.

Happy Sailing!

I was very sad to hear that Michael's was turned into a suite only lounge. From the reviews I have read, it is empty most of the time. I wish they would reinstate it as a regular lounge. We sail on the Summit in Jan. I am interested to see the changes first hand. It seems that people either love them or hate them. there doesn't seem to be any in between. :rolleyes:

On Solstice, I tried to peek into Michael's Club (and thought it was available to Elite guests which I am but it is not) and the air conditioning was on full blast- way to cold for my taste and the Michael's Club hostess shot me a dirty look, so I didn't go in past the doorway. Who cares? It's not that thrilling of a room anyway.