Celebrity Constellation

Isis2

Just booked the above ship for April 2015 so excited. Its going to cruise ANZAC Cove on the 25th April which is where my Grandad landed in April 1915 so I am going to be in the same place as he was, but 100 years later on I can't believe it. Then its going to stop at Canakkale for two days, so will be able to go and see my Grandad as he was KIA at Lone Pine August 1915, I just can't believe it. WOW.

Have to ask, do they do the French Onion Soup in the MDR I just love that. We had it on the Silhouette last year. Does anyone know?

One of the most interesting trips I have ever done was to revisit some American Civil War battlefield sites -- specific battlefield sites where I knew my ancestors fought.

But to answer your specific question -- the MDR menus are consistent across the Celebrity fleet, so you should have French Onion soup on the Constellation. French Onion soup was available on the "always available" side of the menu six weeks ago on the Constellation.

That is interesting and very cool about stopping where your Granddad served and ultimately gave the ultimate sacrifice for his country; 100 years later. Good for you; I"m sure it will be a fascinating visit. Good Luck!

That is interesting and very cool about stopping where your Granddad served and ultimately gave the ultimate sacrifice for his country; 100 years later. Good for you; I"m sure it will be a fascinating visit. Good Luck!

Actually my Grandad was born in Brick Lane London and for some reason, he travelled to Australia in 1914 to enlist in the AIF (Australian Imperial Force). Whether him and Nanny had difficulties I do not know and he wanted to get away, as I said who knows but that is where he ended up and eventually was KIA at Lone Pine.

Several years ago my husband and I did a TA. We finished Europe in Cobh,Ireland. We had never been to Ireland where my Grandfather and Grandmother and my husbands grandmother came from. Some of my family here still keep in touch with my Irish family. When we got to Cobh the were waiting for us. What a wonderful time we had.