Norweigan Sky versus Royal Caribbean Enchantment

ssa444

hello all,

my wife and i have decided to book a last minute 4 night cruise for our anniversary and we are debating between the Nor. Sky and RC Enchantment and i was wondering if anyone could offer insight or a recommendation of which one would be preferable?

both cruises are 4 night bahamas and the price for NCL is about $200 cheaper.

the itinerary for NCL is

Grand Bahama Island

Nassau (Bahamas)

Great Stirrup Cay (Bahamas)

the itinerary for RCL is

Port Canaveral, Florida; Nassau, Bahamas; CocoCay, Bahamas; Port Canaveral, Florida

weve been to nassau already, but not any of the other places. we would get 3 ports with NCL and with RCL we would get 4 nights contributing to our crown and anchor society so there are pluses to each.

would really like to hear form anyone that may have some insight. these 2 ships appear to be a bit smaller than any of the other 3 ships weve been on (Allure, Freedom, Independence, all RCL).

thanks!

Welcome to Cruise Critic Sa444,

We just sailed on the Explorer of the Seas this past February and adored the ship and Royal Caribbean. We booked Grandeur while still aboard and she is in the the same Vision category as Enchantment.

Enchantment has been recently refurbished with the new upgrades featured throughout the fleet so while she is an older ship she has new life and almost like new.

While Enchantment is smaller than the newer Royal builds there is something very special about cruising in an intimate setting, with fewer people. We have not cruised with NCL but, I based on the reviews I've come across it doesn't look appealing to me. There are many people who adore NCL.

If you do some research you will learn the pros and cons of both lines and figure out which one better suits you. Here's a link to search comparing RCCL to NCL, see what you think.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=51446634

I would choose Enchantment personally, beautiful ship, terrific cruise line and there's nothing wrong with a sea day to relax and smell the fresh air.

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

I'm glad you decided!

I have a similar issue since I am trying to decide between the two ships' 4 night cruise. I have booked an NCL sky aft penthouse suite and an inside across the hall and on the EOS one family suite (not an aft). I've had a suite on NCL and they are awesome!!! But Miami is three hours further (driving from NC). I just can't decide.

Your opinions are appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thx CK i appreciate the info. we went with the enchantment. leave june 23 :)

ill be sure to post up on what i think of the smaller ship.

You're Welcome SSA. Congrats on booking the Enchantment, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful cruise in a mere eleven days, you must be so excited!!

Have Fun and Happy Anniversary.

Jonathan