Debarkation Room Service

bobandlou

Interested in what options there are for room service on Debarkation day. Our 7 year old grandson would do best not being dragged to a dining room! I did like a prior suggestion of getting a pot of coffee from room service the night before

None.

Disney stops serving room service the night before debarkation.

However, one trick we've used is to order a couple of BLT's, put them in a ziploc bag (which we always bring from home to capture all of our little stuff) and put them in the fridge (this was on the Dream and the Fantasy). Bacon, tomato, lettuce on toasted white bread made for an awesome breakfast while getting ready to depart.

As for coffee - I know a lot of people use the "order the night before trick" but I think it really depends on how hot you like your coffee. Warm coffee just doesn't do it for me - I like mine "just brewed - super hot" so while I tried ordering the night before, it just didn't work for me.

On disembarkation day, we usually make Dunkin Donuts our first stop on the road.

If you don't want to go to the dining room, the buffet is also open. If you don't want to take your grandson to the buffet, you could always have 1 person from your group go up and grab a bunch of stuff and bring it back to the cabin.

Room service is available to concierge cruisers on disembarkation morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But not the full menu. We opted to just go to the lounge and grab breakfast there on the Dream. It wasn't offered at all the final morning when we were on the Magic.

Edited by ducklite

But not the full menu. We opted to just go to the lounge and grab breakfast there on the Dream. It wasn't offered at all the final morning when we were on the Magic.

Agreed not a full menu but we did pretty well out of it on our Wonder Alaska cruise disembarkation day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As noted above, room service stops at midnight on the night before embarkation in normal cabins. You can always order some rice krispies and milk to keep in the fridge for the next morning. Breakfast food is always available...so fruit, juice, etc. is available too.

I'm going to start calling debarkation day "devestation day" - it fits!

Eh, I've been on two cruises where I couldn't wait to get off and a third where I was ambivalent about it. (One of the cruises I couldn't wait to get off was only due to weather that caused the ship to rock and roll and made me soooo sea sick. It was pouring when we got back to Port Canaveral, and I just wanted to go home and snuggle under a blanket with a cup of tea on solid ground. :( It was luck of the draw, the previous cruise had perfect weather, and certainly not the cruise line's fault.)

We too avoided devastation day on the hurricane Sandy Fantasy sailing. We didn't get back to port till 11 or 12 IRRC. Slept in and eventually had a leisure lunch once they opened Cabanas. It was complete chaos in the lobby with pax trying to debark.

Needless to say most were excited to get back to port. All those sad debark moments were skipped. That was one of the positives of that sailing.

Avoiding the depressing devastation day.

We collected cereals, milk, bowls and spoons from the buffet the day before and will do that again for sure as it was so relaxed that final morning. You could also pick up some fruit from the buffet or Goofy's/Daisy's Delites the day before too. Someone can run up for coffee from the self service place.

We don't really like the last morning breakfast anyway.

• 3 weeks later...

Your advice was considered! We just returned from our cruise. The evening before I got juice and pastries from the Buffett. Around 10:30. I ordered a pot of coffee. My hubby and grandson enjoyed the juice and Krispy Creme type donuts and my coffee was perfect before leaving the ship. While leaving a little after 8:00am we noticed the lines into the dining room were longer than those getting off the ship. Leaving was a breeze. Thanks for the tips! :)

Your advice was considered! We just returned from our cruise. The evening before I got juice and pastries from the Buffett. Around 10:30. I ordered a pot of coffee. My hubby and grandson enjoyed the juice and Krispy Creme type donuts and my coffee was perfect before leaving the ship. While leaving a little after 8:00am we noticed the lines into the dining room were longer than those getting off the ship. Leaving was a breeze. Thanks for the tips! :)

There are donuts available on the ship?

There are donuts available on the ship?

There are Krispy Kreme doughnuts available onboard some of the ships. Be aware that they are frozen at the beginning of the trip, so the consistency isn't really of the fresh variety.