50th Anniversary family cruise

JennaOH

My parents are celebrating their 50th Anniversary in December and they are taking my family (my husband and I, two kids) and my sister's family (her, bil, three kids) and themselves on the Sunshine on June 28th. This is my first time cruising and I wondered if you had any input on things to do to celebrate. I am going to order a cake, decorate their door, send flowers, etc. They are very family focused, so they would rather have dinner as a family than have us send them to a steakhouse, spa, etc. My mom loves her kindle, so I am sending her a nice gift card for her to load up before the trip. As avid cruisers, do you have any ideas that I haven't thought of? I would love any input!

We are sailing on the Sunshine, June 28th.

Jenna

There are multiple gift ideas on Carnival's website. You could get them some Cruise cash for the bar (if they drink) or photo cash. Speaking of photos, I saw on our just sailed Breeze cruise that they have a Dreams Studio. Maybe you could reserve time for some really nice family and/or couple pictures? They will even do on location photos in the ports. :p

We did a cruise several years ago for my in-laws 50th anniversary. Aside from dinner every night as a family, (there were 24 of us) we took pictures together on formal night. My in-laws had the best time just watching everyone else enjoy themselves. I had all the family send me their snapshots so that I could create a photo book (Shutterfly) for my in-laws as a remembrance of the special family vacation.

Photo credit is a great idea. We did that once for my parents. Another great thing, is that there are photographers that you can book for an hour or so and have a private shoot for just your family. Then you can purchase however many pictures you want. They take some really fun pictures, like everyone jumping up and they take the picture mid-air.

we took pictures together on formal night. My in-laws had the best time just watching everyone else enjoy themselves. I had all the family send me their snapshots so that I could create a photo book (Shutterfly) for my in-laws as a remembrance of the special family vacation.

I think that sounds like a great idea.