Veendam CA Room catagory?

Whiskers1

Hi I am going to be trying Holland America for the first time. My mom raved about this line many times. I am going to book the Bermuda Cruise in 2015 and want to try the CA cabins. Are these good cabins. I think I like the idea of being able to walk right out to the deck. Thoughts. Also how can I find a great new TA any insight? I know one cannot promote TAs just asking?? I have used different ones in the past plus I went to the cruise line directly as well. This will be my 3rd trip to Bermuda and looking forward to docking in Hamilton this time around. Thank you in advance.

Sadie:)

IMO, the lanai cabins' only advantages are the fact that you can access the outside deck directly, and that there are two reserved loungers. But it isn't that far to the public doors to outside for anyone. If you want to sit on the other side of the ship, or another deck, then the lanai loungers do little good.

The cabin itself is smaller than the outside cabins on lower decks; as a matter of fact, the cabin is smaller than the insides across the passageway! Because of the configuration of the furniture the room feels smaller still.

The lanai cabins have much smaller desks, and none of the drawers that other cabins have. If a great deal of storage matters, take this into consideration.

I loved my Lanai cabin on the Maasdam so much that I cancelled my booked cruise on the N. Amsterdam and booked the 42 day Transatlantic on he Maasdam in a CA cabin.

Cons are noted in previous post.

Pros: Panoramic view from anywhere inside cabin. Easy access to Lower Promenade encourages exercise! Camaraderie with fellow Lanai dwellers and dedicated deck walkers, especially nice for solo cruisers. Great central location.

I am another one who raves about those cabins. I prefer them to a veranda if you are booking one with a small balcony. If you have a big balcony with a Neptune suite, this wins hands down, but with a smaller balcony, I prefer the lanai. I was always lounging in my chair all day long and after dinner. I read a lot on vacation and love watching the scenery go by so these cabins are my favorite. I had no problem with people looking in because the glass is tinted and they can't see anything inside unless at night if you leave all the lights opened and even then you don't see that much.