Just Booked! Dining Questions

We just booked Pride of America!!! Have not cruised on NCL for 26 years (been cruising on other lines) and are wondering how the dining works. I understand that there is not set time, you just show up. But how do the Specialty Restaurants work? Do you make a reservation? If so, can you make those on line before you board? Any additional information about NCL would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Teresa

We just booked Pride of America!!! Have not cruised on NCL for 26 years (been cruising on other lines) and are wondering how the dining works. I understand that there is not set time, you just show up. But how do the Specialty Restaurants work? Do you make a reservation? If so, can you make those on line before you board? Any additional information about NCL would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Teresa

You can buy the UDP for each party, you will be asked for CC and you'll be charged at that time. 45 days out you will be able to make your reservations for the specialty restaurants only.

Great cruise, best bang for your buck your going to love.

Remember that there is no gambling on this cruise because there is no gambling in the State of Hawaii.

Thanks,

Teresa

Dining is very much like being at a land-based restaurant. All dining venues (some free and some extra-priced) are open during specific hours (posted in the daily paper). You pick and choose which ones you want to use for each meal. You can show up at any time they are open and they will seat you, usually without much of a wait, if any. If in one of the main dining rooms, you can dine alone at your own table, or you can ask to be seated with others and they will try to coordinate that to some extent. But you may find you still end up dining on your own, if there is no one available also looking to dine with others.

You may make reservations for specialty restaurants once you get on the ship. You may also make them 45 days in advance of your cruise, but they will charge you the cover charge (if there is one) at the time you make your reservation.

As mentioned above, there is now an Ultimate Dining Package (UDP) that you can purchase which is a one-price, pre-pay option for multiple specialty restaurants. You will pay for this in advance if you buy it in advance. I forget whether it can be purchased on the ship. UDP may or may not make sense depending on how many speciality restaurants you choose to try.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

You can buy the UDP for each party' date=' you will be asked for CC and you'll be charged at that time. 45 days out you will be able to make your reservations for the specialty [i']restaurant[/i]s only.....

I did not see where the OP asked about UDP.

I will add that a small percent of people do that. Most eat in the Main Dining Rooms (MDR), other free restaurants and the buffet.

You can make advance reservations for the pay restaurants, or wait until you board and have a better idea what you want to eat that day.