Irish pubs with mid-week daytime live music in Cork, Dublin or Belfast?

Does anyone know of any good traditional Irish pub experiences with live music for mid-week lunch time visits in Cork, Dublin or Belfast?

For me this is a critical part of our cruise and we're in these cities on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday respectively.

Edited by VirtualRain

Luchtime Monday in Cork - nope! I don't know of any, sorry!

Dublin - you have a better chance. There are a couple that I suggest to consider - both of which are in the Temple Bar area.

Oliver StJohn Gogarty where the music starts around 2.30 pm http://www.gogartys.ie/music/

or, The Temple Bar,http://www.thetemplebarpub.com/music.htm which has music from 1.30 pm

Note - these are not recommendations, only information for you!

As to Belfast, sorry, but I don't know of any there.

Does anyone know of any good traditional Irish pub experiences with live music for mid-week lunch time visits in Cork, Dublin or Belfast?

For me this is a critical part of our cruise and we're in these cities on a Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday respectively.

Pubs offering live music will have a sign posted in their windows on music night. Just stroll around the main streets and see what appeals to you. We found we preferred groups. And in a case of "Be Careful What You Wish For" embrace your tourist identity. One night, we learned about the name of a pub patronized by locals. We made that our destination for the night. Whoops! The regular patrons at the bar wanted to hear American rock. They weren't the least bit interested in Irish folk music. The beer tasted just as good even if the musical selections drew exclusively on classic rock.

The start times of the music may be impacted by the broadcast of the World Cup games. When we were in Ireland some years ago, the music didn't start until after the completion of the last soccer match of the day regardless of what the posted signs read. However, my husband reminded me that the games were part of the Euro Cup competition which would be the same time zone (or no more than one hour difference). Other than "mid-week" you haven't mentioned when you'll be visiting Ireland; I felt I wanted to give you a heads up.

The Cork tourism center responded to my email on this subject and recommended the Oliver Plunkett Bar in Cork. http://www.theoliverplunkett.com

Apparently they offer traditional Irish music around lunchtime on days when the cruise liners are in port. :)

EDIT: I'll be in Ireland the first week of July.

Edited by VirtualRain

Don't mean to hijack thread but

How about Thursday in Cobh and Friday in Dublin We'll be there in the middle of Sept if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

Greg

Cobh tends to bring out all the finery whenever there is a cruise ship in town. You should have no problem finding music during the day in the pubs alongside the docking area.

The Cork tourism center responded to my email on this subject and recommended the Oliver Plunkett Bar in Cork. http://www.theoliverplunkett.com

Apparently they offer traditional Irish music around lunchtime on days when the cruise liners are in port. :)

EDIT: I'll be in Ireland the first week of July.

If you are travelling up to the city then check it out. However, Celebrity Infinity is in Cobh on June 16th and Ruby Princess on June 30th and there is no music listed for those days.

Anyway, I hope you love our city like I love yours! (visited our son out there in April, He is in love with Van and we understand why!)