Who has been to Honduras?

Who has been to the Honduras port recently? What is your take?

Have you felt safe?

I am traveling in Sept. and I would like your feedback!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

We went mid-May. I would do anything sponsored by Royal Caribbean.. We went to Pirate Beach & felt very safe there..No issues at all. It was our 1st time there..I would not go around town on my own..but thats just me.. :)

Have you felt safe?

I just noticed you are in a JS aft on Vision..So were we!! 8588 Super nice..Enjoy!!

Go to Little French Key! You WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!! It was one of the best private excursions we've ever done on a cruise. It's a private island, beautiful water, hammocks, tiki bars, snorkeling, kayaking, delicious lunch, animals....etc, etc. Check out their website. Just google Little French Key and it comes right up. They pick you up at the port and return you when you're done. It was an amazing day.

We have been several times and just love the island.

Used victorboddentours. com OMG he was just great. For private tours two people $40.00 p/p and four or more $25.00 p/p

His cousin Derek was awesome. Took us every where we wanted to go. Even toured a brand new open house (condo's) beach (stayed the whole time) mom/pop stores for vanilla and rum.

You will not regret it.

Cathy

Thank you all for your amazing valuable information and aimathy LFK seems to be the winner! Chellecruise12 I hope I will enjoy that amazing cabin! Thx's 4 the info any more input really appreciated! Thanks again to all the input & hopefully more to come!

We have been several times and just love the island.

Used victorboddentours. com OMG he was just great. For private tours two people $40.00 p/p and four or more $25.00 p/p

His cousin Derek was awesome. Took us every where we wanted to go. Even toured a brand new open house (condo's) beach (stayed the whole time) mom/pop stores for vanilla and rum.

You will not regret it.

Cathy

I second Victor Bodden tours. Took the private tour and I couldn't have asked for anything better. Probably one of the best tours I've ever taken

We did a private excursion to a turtle farm and held a bunch of different sized turtles and learned about them. Very interesting. There is a restaurant on facility where we had lunch by a lagoon that you can also swim in. Very nice day.

In Feb. we did a private excursion with Ronys Tours. Our driver Angel was great and took us anywhere we wanted to go. He got us to a zipline early before the cruise ship groups got there. We always felt safe. A great day and beautiful island.

Have you felt safe?

To be clear...Main land Honduras is scary. Rated one of the most dangerous countries. The island of Roatan, off the coast of Honduras is beautiful and safe. This is where the cruise ships dock.

Many good suggestions already mentioned on this thread. And consult the ports of call threads.

If you are visiting Roatan, no worries. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Who has been to the Honduras port recently? What is your take? Have you felt safe? I am traveling in Sept. and I would like your feedback!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2040556&page=4

scroll to post #64 and go from there

Lots of pics & a review of Victor Bodden (Fun & Sun Tour)

Have a great cruise! :D

I also used Victor Bodden and was very pleased.

I have traveled a number of places that wiser people might forgo - Congo by local transport, Argentina in 1983 during the junta with 15,000 disappeared people, Egypt in 2003 when the US was bombing Baghdad, etc - so I wouldn't say that I'm risk adverse. But the people on this thread who are saying no worries, I always felt safe, are living in a Pollyanna world. A quick google will show that there is increasing crime on Roatan, including armed robbery of cruise passengers and murder of a cruise ship employee. Yes, I would go back to Roatan, but I would NOT assume that it is perfectly safe. Use common sense.

Thom