Laundry Question on the Ruby

baggal

We'll be on a British Isles cruise on the Ruby in a few weeks. Can someone tell me if Princess offers a "laundry by the bag" option or some other laundry discount? And what the costs are?

This will only be our second Princess cruise so no "free laundry" for us. Also, I prefer not to use the self-service laundry.

Thanks!

We'll be on a British Isles cruise on the Ruby in a few weeks. Can someone tell me if Princess offers a "laundry by the bag" option or some other laundry discount? And what the costs are?

This will only be our second Princess cruise so no "free laundry" for us. Also, I prefer not to use the self-service laundry.

Thanks!

On cruises 10 days or longer, they usually offer a $20 bag once. I wouldn't count on it though.

Thanks!

We were on the Ruby British Isles cruise disembarking on 6/4. They had the laundry special for $20/bag allowing 1 bag per person in a cabin. It was all you could fit in the bag.

Edited by Crzn-Life

We were on the Ruby British Isles cruise disembarking on 6/4. They had the laundry special for $20/bag allowing 1 bag per person in a cabin. It was all you could fit in the bag.

Thanks for the information. I hope you had a great cruise!

Thanks for the information. I hope you had a great cruise!

We did have a wonderful cruise. It was a little colder than expected but we did have some nice sunny days. The service on the ship was very good, the food was good and the itinerary was fun. The Ruby is pretty rusty in spots and the furniture, especially the dining room chairs really need to be cleaned (at a minimum) or replacement. The one set of old furniture that we really did like was the old balcony furnishings on the Caribe deck instead of the new hard stuff.

Whether you are the cruise that stops in Liverpool or the Orkney Islands, both are nice stops. We actually we were on for b2b cruises so got to stop in both ports. As an FYI, they had the $20 Laundry offer on both cruises but if I remember correctly that happens in the latter half of the cruise. I don't remember details because we are fortunate to have the free laundry but I do remember on the 1st cruise our laundry was late being returned because of the large numbers of people taking advantage of the offer.

You should have warmer weather than we did but rain or sun, warm or cold, it was a really nice cruise. Have fun.