Disembarkation time and travel to Gatwick

jdoggvegas

I am traveling on the June 21st sailing on Celebrity Eclipse, arriving back to Southampton on July 5 at 5:30am. I have booked concierge class which allows priority disembarkation. I'm flying to Brussels post cruise. There is a 10:30am flight from Gatwick to Brussels. Would I be able to make this flight in time or should I book a later flight from Heathrow? Would it be necessary to take private transportation from the cruise terminal to the airport? Thanks for any help you can provide.

I'm not usually afraid of tight connections, but think a 10:30 out of Gatwick is pushing it. This seems to be a decent summary of transfer options and logistics--also info for getting to Heathrow. http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/gatwick_southampton.htm

Have a fabulous cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I live on the Isle Of Wight and go from Southampton to Gatwick all the time and it takes at least 2 hours (train) and Gatwick is very busy during the Summer so do not risk it - you would have to leave by 7am to stand a chance for a 10.30 flight.