Sofa bed in a suite??

sugarpink

Three friends are thinking of sharing a suite that has a sofa bed. Has anyone tried to sleep on the HAL sofa beds? How bad is it? Is the mattress tolerable for at least 14 nights?

We are considering a Neptune Suite or similar.

Thank you!

Our 36 yo DD has thus far spent 14 nights over 2 cruises sleeping on the single that the sofa in some of the Neptune Suites convert to and has never had a complaint. She has also slept on a similar bed in a Vista Suite for a 17 day cruise, again quite comfortably. If you get one of these rooms (accommodating 3 people) you might put the shortest person in the sofa convertible as I know I can't extend fully in this bed (I'm 6'4") but DD (she's 5'7") can.

Edited by 0bnxshs

DS18 and ds8 shared a sofa bed on our last cruise. Then dd15 swapped with ds18 for the second half. The bed was comfortable and there was just about enough room for the two kids.

The key here, it seems, is that one of the two sleeping on that bed was an 8 year old. How would it have been for the 15 and 18 year old to share the bed?

Anyone older than 20 will most likely find any sofa bed to be uncomfortable.

If it is a superior or Neptune suite on a Vista class ship, I slept on one and found it very comfortable. I took it, and gave our 18 year old son one of the beds as he was too tall for it. They are a single flip over rather than pull out and the mattress is much thicker than the pull out sofa beds in the regular verandah cabins. I'm 5'5", but anyone much taller would find it a little short.

Edited by sunviking90