Quad Balcony or Mini Suite

TDCRose

Hi,

My family is thinking of sailing Princess for the first time. We have been on Carnival, Disney and RCI. I have priced the CB and am not sure whether to book a mini suite on Emerald deck, a quad balcony on Caribe deck or a double balcony on Caribe deck and inside for kids(who will be almost 16(three weeks short) and 17 at time of sailing). We have never put the kids in their own room and are not real sure that's the way to go. The mini suite is about 400.00 more then the quad and the two rooms are about 30.00 less then the mini suite. All that being said, I am looking for pictures of quad rooms-especially made up for sleeping. Where are the two pullman beds located in the quad balcony? The mini suite really seems the way to go, but would really like to make an informed decision.

Thanks for your help.

Lori

My son has two boys and the first cruise we took them on we got a quad balcony. It has two upper berths over the beds that are brought down at night. The next cruise he booked a mini for the family and it was a sofa bed with a berth that opened at night over the sofa for the kids and a double bed for him and his wife. There is a lot more room in a mini than a regular balcony cabin.

If your kids are trustworthy enough you might want to get them their own cabin across from yours. When my boys were teenagers we were on the Norway and found our cabin too crowded for 4 so the Purser gave us a cabin for the boys on a different deck that was very small. The only rules we gave them were no leaving the ship without one of us; meet for meals; and no drinking liquor. They really enjoyed the freedom they had and the privacy. So did we.

While I love the mini-suites, given your situation I would go with a Caribe balcony for yourself and your husband, and an inside for your kids. We've been putting our kids in their own cabins since they were midteens, with no problems whatsoever. The balcony on Caribe deck is larger than the standard balcony and mini-suite cabins (except for some aft cabins).

Archived