Beverages with Meals on Solstice

stitch4me

There is usually a charge for soda and juice at dinner time in the main diningroom. Usually milk and coffee are the only free beverages. Juice is free in the AM in the MDR.

I notice on the Celebrity page it says "selected soft drinks"- which is really misleading. There are no soft drinks that are free. There is juice and punch available 24 hours a day in the buffet but that isn't what we earthlings refer to as "soft drinks". They should get rid of that and replace it with "juice and punch available in the buffet"

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain

Water, coffee, tea and milk are included. Soda or bottled water are extra charge. The buffet has lemonade, punch, and iced tea for no extra as well as milk and orange juice for breakfast. Fresh squeezed orange is also extra.

If it's fizzy or comes in a bottle or can, or has alcohol, there's an extra charge.

No charge include basic coffee and tea, orange juice drink at breakfast, fruit punch, lemonade, iced tea from dispensers, milk, skim milk, soy milk, sometimes chocolate milk, hot chocolate mix packets.

Fance coffee tea and hot chocolate, fresh squeez juice all are extra charge

can i assume the same can be said for reflection?

is real orange juice at breakfast an extra charge?

can you ask the waiter in the mdr to get you a free drink or can you bring one in yourself?

can i assume the same can be said for reflection?

is real orange juice at breakfast an extra charge?

can you ask the waiter in the mdr to get you a free drink or can you bring one in yourself?

You can get orange juice at breakfast from the dispenser and that is free. If you want fresh squeezed then you will pay for it. You can get free iced tea, lemonade and fruit punch in the MDR at dinner. These would be the same drinks you would get for free up in the buffet out of the dispenser. Sodas and fresh squeezed orange juice would be an extra charge.

The no extra charge beverages are the same on every ship although there are sometimes minor differences on some cruises such as what type of fruit type drink they have in the afternoon in the buffet.

Here is a list I made up and posted a few years ago which I think is still current:

Just to recap, no extra charge beverages:

Tap water, Brewed coffee (regular and decaf), instant coffee (taster's choice regular and decaf), Tea (good selection of about 8 or more popular tea blends including green, mint, etc.), hot coca (Nestles instant mix), Milk (regular, chocolate and skim), juices, iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch.

All of these items are available in any dining area or from room service. They are available 24/7 from room service and from beverage stations in the buffet area although some items are not available at all times in the buffet: Some milks are only available during meals in the buffet and the dispensers used for juices during breakfast times are used for iced tea, lemonade and punch at other times.

For the most part there is an extra charge for any alcoholic, carbonated, or bottled beverage. Also most bars and lounges charge for any beverages served there. There are upscale versions of many no-extra-charge beverages available which do cost extra such as espresso based coffees, organic teas, bottled water, fresh squeezed OJ, etc.

Edited by Lsimon

Fresh squeezed is extra charge in the MDR

What beverage would you be asking the waiter for?

i meant asking the waiter for an iced tea or juice. wondered if he would bring it or i had to bring myself.

You can get orange juice at breakfast from the dispenser and that is free. If you want fresh squeezed then you will pay for it. You can get free iced tea, lemonade and fruit punch in the MDR at dinner. These would be the same drinks you would get for free up in the buffet out of the dispenser. Sodas and fresh squeezed orange juice would be an extra charge.

thanks. that's what i was wondering, if the waiter in the mdr would bring us iced ea, juice or lemonade or if we had to stop at the buffet first.

The waiter in the main dining room will bring you any drink you ask for that is considered "free" - ice tea, juice etc. No need to bring your own from the buffet area. You will be well taken care of. No need to worry!

The waiter in the main dining room will bring you any drink you ask for that is considered "free" - ice tea, juice etc. No need to bring your own from the buffet area. You will be well taken care of. No need to worry!

thanks i couldn't remember from my last cruise. was an all ladies cruise and we drank much more than i will on this one with hubby, no juice at dinner for me - unless it was part of the mix :D