Fluffy in a swimsuit

Txwoman

Anyone else uncomfortable in a swim suit (if you are fluffy).

On my 1st cruise we didn't snorkel because I didn't think I should wear a swim suit just because they make them that big. On the 2nd, 3rd and 4th cruise I said to heck with it. I wasn't going to travel and miss seeing something important.

On this cruise, I'm still fluffy but I found a 2 piece swim suit in Roaman's catalogue that has a little skirt that helps cover some of the more disgusting parts. The top is made with an inner bra and has lines that gives it a slimming effect. And it was only $25.00 with a discount they offered because it was my first order.( most swimsuits I saw were over $50.00.)

We are who we are, fluffy or not. I assume you're not on this cruise to impress anyone, so put on your suit and enjoy the cruise to its fullest. The impressions that people leave with me have nothing to do with their outside and everything to do with who they are inside. It's your cruise and your vacation so enjoy it. Have a great cruise.

txwoman i too am a fluffy lady. I started a thread on this subject over on the fashion board. I was totally shocked when the people started replying. I was concerned that i would be uncomfortable in the pools on ship. I do love the water & this is my first cruise & i didn`t want to miss out on all the fun. All that replied , said to go for it!! There will be all sorts of shapes & sizes. Those people made4 me feel so much better.

By the way, which suit did you get? I`m still looking for a new one. I have a couple of ones from last year but am looking for new one.

Go & wear your suit & have a GREAT TIME!! I`m going to!!!!

The first time we went to a resort I was uncomfortable in my suit. I then looked around a while and did not feel so bad. There was a woman who made 3 of me in a lime green bikini. I am not picking on her or finding fault--if she was comfortable dressed like that fine but she did get a lot of 2nd and 3rd looks. By the way, the next day she had on the same type of suit in bright orange.

Hola,

Sweetheart, life is too short to worry about what other people think. It is YOUR vacation and if you want to snorkel, by all means, do it. That is why I like to cruise. I see interesting people, all shapes and sizes. I can be me even though my wife sometimes objects, and I'm never going to see the great majority of these people again.

I wasn't going to get in a bathing suit this next cruise because of being rather fluffy, but when my husband said that I am always sitting out for the fun stuff while he and my daughters had fun, I had to re-evaluate. I decided...go for it...

I went out looking for a suit. found one at a dress shop for $77, but found the same suit on ebay, same size, same type of suit, same brand, but different design on the fabric for $25. I ordered it from ebay and I love it!!! Its called a skirtini. Its a 2 piece but covers everything well. It looks just like a sun dress. The brand is called It figures and I found out it is sold on QVC. Alot of the ebay merchants are selling QVC overstock and returns, but the suits are brand -new with tags.

I say go for it!!!! and if anybody is bothered by it...that's there problem! Life is too short to be worried about nitwits that would think that way anyway.

I am 5'9" and weigh 210 so i am a little fluffy(love that word). I have always worn a one peice sut till we were on 7 mile beach in the Caymans and there to left of me was a women who must of weighed about 500 pounds wearing a thong bikini. When i saw that i decided to get 2 peices and have been wearing them since. I look at it this way you will never see these people again. If you are confident with yourself them wear with pride. I have one peices, bikinis and tankinis that i bring on the trips with me. I got all my suits at Carbellas and they are great suits at a great price.

Go and have fun i know i will on October 8th on the Glory.

Michele

You will see women of all shapes and sizes in swimsuits, some a little too revealing, both on the ship and in port. You will not be the biggest person there, I'm sure of it, and if you choose a flattering suit you should not feel ashamed at all to enjoy your vacation as thoroughly as everyone else. Also, don't feel obligated to wear a matronly suit. Go ahead and choose something stylish and fun! If you try it on and feel like it doesn't look good, try it in the next size up, or even the size after that. I've found that swimsuits often run small, leaving women feeling depressed about how their suit fits. Going up a size or two can often make a big difference in how a swimsuit looks and feels. Give it a try - certainly works for me!

I too am fluffy (but on my way down). I was buying swimsuits this past week when I heard the saleslady tell someone who had to be no bigger than a size 2, that you should always try on swimsuits at least 1 size larger, if not more, than you wear in clothing. I managed to find 2 suits that were flattering and slimming on me, and didn't look like something my mother would wear. The brand is Longitude. The price listed was pretty expensive (at least to me, who bought their last swim suit at Wally World), but I got them for about 1/3rd of the price tag.

ok heres my story

I have never been a real huge person but unhappy with my size. Several years ago i joined weightwatchers and got to life time membership(about 62 kgs yipee)On my first trip to a resort after losing weight i was wearing my costume and still feeling rather coy about my weight and embarrassed to gt in water. A lady rather much bigger than big sat near me and said words along the lines of " what you emabarrassed about, you are skinny. After chatting a while we came to the conclusion it didnt matter what size you are most people are scraed of wearing a costume and even those "skinny girls" are feeling what you are ....so what are you waiting for...go for it

I too am self concious! I used to be one of those skinny, starved things! I am now almost 50, and 170 lbs. We can't go back! I am happier now than I have ever been, you tend to develope the personality more and learn to have fun! The other posters are right, you may never see these people again, who cares! I do not wear thongs or bikini anymore and have no desire to worry if anything is hanging out...it is a lot more fun now, I can watch other young women look beautiful and think enjoy while you can, age will change things. I have had my time in the sun...I now enjoy being a grandma....it's something new!

YIKES! I hate that word fluffy. We are humans, not pillows or birds. Plus fluffy sounds light, whereas I believe we are talking about heavy here.

I have had five kids. I still wear a bathing suit with no regrets at all. I even go topless whenever I can. If people don't like it they can go to... Europe and take a good look. I am 5'9" and 155 pounds, so weight is not really an issue- it's the damage done from previous weight. I had my last two boys in the month of June, and having three other kids I HAD to be at the beach all summer. I was 220 pounds coming home from the hospital with both, and I wore a bathing suit in front of everyone I knew- NO PROBLEM.

We only have one life to live. It's bad enough that I spent about 25 years being stressed about my body, especially since about ten of those years I could have modeled for a swimsuit cover. So... when do I cut myself some slack? At age 40 I decided to knock it off and enjoy life.

Losing the weight helps... Just remember: Nothing lastes as good as it feels to be thin. Okay- in my case, not many things taste as good as it feels to be average.

Go get em, girls! We have a right to swim in a pool!

I was also very worried before our cruise about being in public in a swimsuit. But, as a previous poster said: you see ALL shapes and sizes on the ship and in ports! If anyone doesn't like the way you look in a swimsuit, it is THEIR problem, not yours. :) Enjoy your cruise!

I love the word FLUFFY. I must admit I am soft, no bones sticking out on me. I like my self and have lots of friends so guess others like me too. Oh! yes I'd love to be size 8 or 10, but this isn't going to happen. I also love food. So we all make our choices. Even though I'm fluffy I'm healthy and 60. I love the water and love to swim. To heck with other people think. So when we're at the pool or on the beach I'll be one of the FLUFFiest ones there and having a GREAT time.

So wear that swim suite with pride and ENJOY.

Joyce

Whether you're fluffy or skinny people can tell what size you are in a swimsuit or covered from head to toe in clothing. Don't be scared to wear a bathing suit because you think people might be staring or insulted by the way you look. It's not the fluffy people in their normal bathing suits but the size 2 lady in a thong barely hiding her unmentionables & the man in the speedo who's letting everyone know his size that make my eyes pop out. :eek: Have fun on your cruise, you're there to relax not stress about everyones opinions. :)

I have to admit that I have been through the feelings of overweight,starve myself,feel better, let up a little and gain it back. I try to work out regularly. save treats for special occasions (and cruises) etc. but I'm not going to let someone elses opinion of what I 'should' look like define how I feel. I also try to be considerate of other peoples sensibilities but there is a point of 'I need to be comfortable and they can look the other way! I buy a halter top or conservative tankini. does not show much stomach and I wear a pair of mens trunks over the bottoms. If I need to change quickly I have the matching bottoms underneath and I carry a coverup or a sarong. I do snorkel or swim to my hearts content. I do not want to miss some of the beautiful scenery or wonderful underwater sights. Go for it!! and don't apologize for enjoying 'your' life.

I always tell my husband that I'm built for comfort, not for speed. He still whistles when I get undressed.

He says that making love to a skinny woman is like diving into a pile of coat hangers.

Then I ask him how he knows, as we've been together for 38 years, since I was 17 and he was 19, and my size has ranged between a 12 and an 18--never skinny.

I have an awesome solution for anyone who is shy about baring their legs in a swimsuit. I've attached a link for a great cover up pant that I NEVER would have tried if it were not for the recommendation from a friend of mine. I would normally buy the extra large but I actually bought the large because the XL was so super parachuty. Whether your legs are smaller and you get the super swishy effect, or your legs are bigger and you just prefer the coverup effect, they look awesome and do a great job of coverup up a lot of whatever you want to hide. They sell these in all of the department stores - Robinson's May, Dillards, Macy's (I think). I got mine at Dillards. I liked the white version of what's shown on the left:

http://www.westbound.us/beach/beach5.html

For some reason, it was harder to find them online than it is in the store. They're everywhere. I highly recommend at least just trying them on. I never would have but I'm so glad I did!

A friend showed up to go tubing down the river with a pair of these pants and a matching top over her suit. At first I thought she looked a little over dressed. she got wet in these and they did not cling. Now I want some too. Besides with my white non tanned legs I do not want to blind anyone. Connie

Archived