Lost out on Carnival gift card promotion!

cwb348

I guess I am wondering why people waited to the last minute?? I always worry that there is " Fine Print" such as while supplies last. Or whatever. Not saying this is the issue but if everyone was so excited to do it and you would have had to use a CC anyway not sure why people waited. Guess I am one that is get it quick before the deal is gone even if it says whatever. Got mine the 2nd day and the bonus card came the next morning no hitches.

As I mentioned previously, I bought $1000 worth the first day it was offered. However, this AM I decided to add $400 more. If I don't get the bonus cards on the $400, I'll be calling CCL and fight it.

Fresh off of FB:

John Heald although the Father`s Day Offer ended at 12:am June 16th, we will honor all eligible purchases made up until 11:59pm on June 16th.

cheers

Can't find it on Facebook...let me know if you get your bonus.

Fresh off of FB:

John Heald although the Father`s Day Offer ended at 12:am June 16th, we will honor all eligible purchases made up until 11:59pm on June 16th.

cheers

Good to know. Thanks for posting this. If it was to end on Father's Day, it should have read expires 11:59 June 15th.

I took a screen shot of the offer saying it expired the 16th. Bought two more today becuase customer service said it was still good even though the wording was removed and I would absolutely get the promotion. I'm holding them to it.

Thanks, Michelle. I was a little more persistent after reading your message, and found someone in Carnival that was willing to do a little more digging. Per the promotion department, the promotion is on until midnight tonight - even though the wording about the promotion is gone. We never got the email originally; just read about it on CC forum and then we had computer trouble. Any chance you could post your screen shot in case some of us have don't get the bonus as promised?

as posted in the other thread, i just got this email:

"Hello Joseph,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We do apologize for any confusion but the promotion did end at 12:00 am EDT today June 16th.

If you go into our website, it is available again.

We will be honoring and fulfilling any orders made up until 11:59 pm EDT June 16th.

Thank you for choosing Carnival.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Gift Card

Janet Wiebesick

"

I just called to make sure it was still going on and like stated they are honoring the promotion until 11:59 pm June 16th (tonight). I was excited because was planning on buying one for my cruise this saturday and using the extra money, but the rep told me the extra credit takes 10 business days to be received... bummer for me but could still work for some people!:(

I just called to make sure it was still going on and like stated they are honoring the promotion until 11:59 pm June 16th (tonight). I was excited because was planning on buying one for my cruise this saturday and using the extra money, but the rep told me the extra credit takes 10 business days to be received... bummer for me but could still work for some people!:(

I don't know anybody who is waiting 10 days to get the promotional card. If you do a ecard, the promotional card comes overnight. I did 3 cards on 2 separate days. Each time I got the ecard immediately and then received the promotional ecard at midnight and again at 5am. For some reason they were sending them out twice but the number was the same. So you should be able to get your promotional card tomorrow if you order today.

Sharon

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruiserxx04

I just called to make sure it was still going on and like stated they are honoring the promotion until 11:59 pm June 16th (tonight). I was excited because was planning on buying one for my cruise this saturday and using the extra money, but the rep told me the extra credit takes 10 business days to be received... bummer for me but could still work for some people!

I don't know anybody who is waiting 10 days to get the promotional card. If you do a ecard, the promotional card comes overnight. I did 3 cards on 2 separate days. Each time I got the ecard immediately and then received the promotional ecard at midnight and again at 5am. For some reason they were sending them out twice but the number was the same. So you should be able to get your promotional card tomorrow if you order today.

Sharon

Not to mention that it would certainly come at some point during your trip even if it took 10 days, so you could just get it from your email and assign it to your S&S card at some point during the cruise.

Hello Xxxxx,,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

We apologize for any confusion on the closing of this promotion.

The promotion did actually end at 12:00 am today June 16th.

Due to the confusion on this, we will be honoring and fulfilling any orders placed today, June 16th, until 11:59 pm EDT.

Thank you for choosing Carnival.

Sincerely,

Carnival Cruise Lines

Gift Card

Janet Wiebesick

Was excited to do the gift card promotion for $3,000 (and receive extra 10% card), and website said it was through July 16. Went to do it this morning, and found it is over.

I spoke with Carnival, and they say it was over midnight of July 16. Isn't midnight tonight at 12? And doesn't "through the 16th" mean you have all of the 16th? I feel this was misrepresented by Carnival.

It wasn't ( and isn't over) until midnight tonight. Buy the card and get the promo up to midnight tonight.

It's irritating that they won't own up to the fact that it must've been a huge typo. the matter of fact way that they say that due to the confusion, they'll throw us a bone and extend it. When the truth is that midnight never means the morning of. That's like saying that you kept waking up at 3 at night to go to the bathroom. Mid NIghT is midway through the NIGhT. Not morning.

I worked for major retailers and when a sale was advertised through the 16th, you could buy it on sale for the entire day of the 16th. You did not need a stop watch to check and see if it was mid night. That's not the way retail works. If Carnival was smart, they would have come out this morning and said there was some confusion about timing so the promotion was continued until the end of this day. You want to make customers not antagonize them. Now let me check. is this a leap year? Does Daylight saving take place during tonight? Are we are ship time? Enough said. I got my promotional discounts but I sympathize with those who got caught up in this timing issue.

OK Carnival, you goofed but you made up for it and I give you credit for that. That's why I am booked for cruise 18 with you. So thanks for listening. I got my promotional discounts and every one else had to chance to do the same. Carnival, we are still buddies and I plan to book cruise 19 while on board.

Yep, they goofed. Thru 6/16 absolutely does not mean 12am on the morning of 6/16...that would be thru 6/15. I'm just glad they are honoring it, even though I haven't received by 2-$100 cards yet. I'm trying to wait the 24-48 hrs before contacting them. Please post if you receive your promotional card for a 6/16 order...I'll do the same.

Edited by sleepygirl1

The promotion started on the 4th I believe. Not sure why some wait until the last second to take advantage of promotions. :rolleyes: You snooze you loose.

Fortunately, Carnival realizes that they goofed because they say they are honoring through 6/16 (which is what promotion said). Yes, some waited until the end but, if the promotion has a date to date listed and you buy at ANY time during the promotion then you shouldn't LOSE.

Edited by sleepygirl1

Fortunately, Carnival realizes that they goofed because they say they are honoring through 6/16 (which is what promotion said). Yes, some waited until the end but, if the promotion has a date to date listed and you buy at ANY time during the promotion then you shouldn't LOSE.

I agree but Carnival has been known to end deals early. :)