Staying on deck 2 Main Deck

got2shop

Hi, due to booking a cruise last minute, the only available rooms are on the Main deck 2 & lower... We booked a cabin on deck 2 in front of ship. We have never stayed on either of these floors & was looking for advice??? Are they decent?? Would u suggest changing ships for better room? Thank you! ;)

Which ship?

On a Fantasy class ship there are cabins all around you on the Main deck. On other ships there are usually public areas and the galley above most cabins.

We have stayed on Main on many ships.

Edited by SadieN

Hi, thx for ur responses! :) We are booked on Carnival Liberty

The galley is located from the midship elevators to the aft elevators. Not all rooms below the galley will hear noise, but some rooms do hear noises from above late into the night. Some rooms are perfectly quiet, some rooms are horrible. Outside of that area below the galley, there shouldn't be any problems. I have found that being below a dining room is the most perfect location on the ship. They are carpeted for when people are in there, and they are totally empty all night long. It's even better than having a stateroom above you. Being below the theater is fine, unless you go to bed before 11:00-11:30 or if you take naps when they might be doing rehearsals during the day.

Other than that, deck 2 is a great deck! It's my favorite deck of all. The rooms are just as good as equal rooms (inside to inside) on any other floor. Higher rooms do not receive better service or better amenities or "better people". Plus, deck 2 is very close to the theater, dining rooms, and where you get off/on the ship. You may never need an elevator during the times that the elevators are crazy busy.

Edited by k2excursion

the galley is located from the midship elevators to the aft elevators. Not all rooms below the galley will hear noise, but some rooms do hear noises from above late into the night. Some rooms are perfectly quiet, some rooms are horrible. Outside of that area below the galley, there shouldn't be any problems. I have found that being below a dining room is the most perfect location on the ship. They are carpeted for when people are in there, and they are totally empty all night long. It's even better than having a stateroom above you. Being below the theater is fine, unless you go to bed before 11:00-11:30 or if you take naps when they might be doing rehearsals during the day.

Other than that, deck 2 is a great deck! It's my favorite deck of all. The rooms are just as good as equal rooms (inside to inside) on any other floor. Higher rooms do not receive better service or better amenities or "better people". Plus, deck 2 is very close to the theater, dining rooms, and where you get off/on the ship. You may never need an elevator during the times that the elevators are crazy busy.

thank you! :)

I've stayed on Main on a fantasy class, you'll like it. Quietest unless you have crazy neighbors. Not sure how forward you are, but if it's way forward (which is still good) you might hear the anchor drop early in the morning of a port day (still a plus to get you going).

Hi, thx for ur responses! :) We are booked on Carnival Liberty

We were on Liberty last January on Riviera deck and had absolutely no problems at all. We were midship. There might be more motion at the front of the ship.

. . . the only available rooms are on the Main deck 2 & lower... We booked a cabin on deck 2 in front of ship.

Although you are located one deck below the main theatre, that should not be a big issue with noise (and only short-lived during shows). I don't know if the current shows on Liberty have any of the performers come through the audience and then exit out the front entrance doors, but if they do it can be 'interesting' in that port-side hallway on Main Deck as they run at warp speed to make it back to the stage access that's on Main.

Having stayed forward on Main Deck on a Conquest-class ship numerous times, I can easily say I'd repeat the cabin selection. If there are high waves, those cabins can definitely feel the 'bump' and if you have a window or port hole, you get to see the spray of the waves after they hit the bow.

Enjoy your cruise. :)