Triumph or Elation -

TxChick

This will be our 6th cruise and we are trying to get away cheaply since we did Disney and a cruise last year. We've cruised the Triumph and love her but a balcony is $1950, and OV is $1736. We can go super saver OV for $1445 but I don't like not knowing my room assignment. We can drive 4 hours and do the Elation for $1100 and on Empress (there are only ocean views on the Elation).

The drive doesn't bother me but the Elation is old and not as many things like Guys and Blue Iguana Cantina.

What are your thoughts? I can do a lot with and extra $600 but I'm wondering if I'll be dissapointed in the Elation.

Elation is very similar to Ecstasy, which you've sailed before. Elation does not have the big waterslide in the back of the ship. They have the old-style slide, that drops into the main pool. So half the main pool is taken up by that, but there is an extra small pool in the back of the ship. Other than that & the balcony thing, they are very similar, as they are sister ships.

Having sailed Elation & Triumph, I can't imagine taking Elation over Triumph, even though I've enjoyed both and really don't care at all about Guys or Blue Iguana. It is a lot of money, although remember that some of that savings will be taken away by gas & higher parking costs. I think I would stick with Triumph, probably my 2nd favorite ship to the Dream.

Edited by k2excursion

The elation has a special place in my heart since she was my first lol. But the triumph with 2.0 would lure me away from her. Elation is very much old school when it comes to cruise ships. Unlike her sisters she still has the old style staterooms, slide, aft pool. If price is a main concearn i bet you could still have a blast on her. Either way have a blast and enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the input! We bit the bullet and I booked the Triumph super saver OV for $1436 - with gas to NOLA. And a hotel overnight we came out even so we chose the nicer ship. We are cruising on the Dream in March so we will go down early then.

Edited by TxChick

Elation has a special place in my heart... 1st and 3 rd cruises were on her. She is going into dry dock this fall. Yes, she is older and needs some updates, but I have never been disappointed in the service and fun we had on her.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Elation has a special place in my heart... 1st and 3 rd cruises were on her. She is going into dry dock this fall. Yes, she is older and needs some updates, but I have never been disappointed in the service and fun we had on her.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's good to know about the drydock, we sail next Halloween.