Possible changes in number of guests for cruise

jambisket

Hello everyone! My sister and I have booked a cruise for September. Our brother and niece have also been included. My brother has told us might not be able to go, so my question is, can you remove someone from your cruise and if so, is there a deadline for doing so? Thanks so much for your help!

There is definitely a deadline for this and there are financial implications on the far for the person who would be in the cabin by themselves. Rather than speculate here, you really should be asking this to the cruise line directly.

Keith

You may remove the 3rd and 4th person in a cabin with no problem, as far as I know. RCCL had no problem removing my father-in-law after final payment. He was the 3rd person in our room. They gave us cabin credit for the amount of his fare. I was surprised, but the representative said only the first 2 in a room matter. Before final payment, your deposit is either refundable, or can be applied to a different cruise. It depends on the cruise line and the fare type.

To be sure, just call the cruise line. If the other couple have their own cabin, and you're after final, you better hope they bought the insurance and have a valid reason to cancel. Otherwise, I think they're SOL.

If your niece will be in the cabin alone, she will still have to pay for two people in her cabin It's called a single supplement. The only monetary refund you'll get is the port taxes, IF you've already made final payment If you haven't made the final payment, he can cancel, but again if the girl will still be sailing, she will pay for two passengers minus one of the port fees/taxes.

Its Carnival cruise lines and all of us are in one cabin(yikes)

Im hoping my brother can still go, I just didnt want to lose any money if he opts out. Thanks for all the advise. I'll call

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

Im hoping my brother can still go, I just didnt want to lose any money if he opts out. Thanks for all the advise. I'll call

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

If your niece is a minor and only one of her parents is coming on the cruise, the other parent needs to sign off (and get notarized) a letter stating it's all right for her to travel without him. You might not get asked for this, but if a port official does ask for it and you can't produce the okay, she won't be allowed to go on the cruise.

did you book early saver rate? if so then no you can not make changes. He cancels he will lose 250.00 if he cancels within 75 days-- (so he still has a few days to decide.

If he cancels now before the 75.00 he loses 50 dollars and 200 is placed on a future cruise that he must take within the year.

any other rate you booked at-- you can cancel him before that 75. days and make a name change.